Mcat Schmcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ugly Boy

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's a multiple choice test, how hard could it be?

Members don't see this ad.

HaHa thats the funniest thing Ive read all day if the OP is serious. But, actually thats a pretty good attitude to have on test day.

You're right.

You have a (1/4)^214 chance of getting a 45. Good luck :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
Teerawit said:
You're right.

You have a (1/4)^214 chance of getting a 45. Good luck :smuggrin:

Add that in with the factors of standardization, and I'd say his chances are even slimmer. :laugh: :laugh:

Why don't you take a couple of AAMC practice tests showing that without much you are getting good scores, then you'll have a valid point.

SCHMCAT the new test name for the new computerized version starting in August?

Teerawit said:
uh....no? not to my knowledge

Lol.......I am going to spread that rumor and see how far it gets :laugh:

Standardized Computer enHanced MCAT

Wait...the MCAT is multiple choice?!? :eek:

Can anyone tell me my chances of getting in if I choose to not take the MCAT?

Nikki2002 said:
i know at least 3.5 people who have gotten in without taking the mcat

They all have Nobel Prizes, outstanding letters of rec from George Bush, spent their summers saving small African children, and one has the last name "Hawking" but you never know. Maybe you could get in with no MCAT.

Anastasis said:
They all have Nobel Prizes, outstanding letters of rec from George Bush, spent their summers saving small African children, and one has the last name "Hawking" but you never know. Maybe you could get in with no MCAT.
:laugh:

seriously though, i dont know of any US schools that dont require an mcat score. even the caribbean schools like Ross ask you to take the mcat even though they dont really put any weight on it.

Nikki2002 said:
i know at least 3.5 people who have gotten in without taking the mcat

Haha... funny thing is, I actually DO know about 4 people who've gotten into respectable med schools without taking the MCAT. Up here, north of the border, in Canada there's 3 schools that don't require the MCAT: University of Ottawa, McMaster University, and Northern Ontario School of Medicine.

SensesFail said:
Haha... funny thing is, I actually DO know about 4 people who've gotten into respectable med schools without taking the MCAT. Up here, north of the border, in Canada there's 3 schools that don't require the MCAT: University of Ottawa, McMaster University, and Northern Ontario School of Medicine.

Yea Canada is weird.