MCAT score cycle eligibility

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Basil_Bond

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took my MCAT late June this past year 2020 and did quite well. Not much luck this cycle though, and I suspect it to be my below-average mid 3 GPA.

I am considering sitting out the upcoming 21-22 cycle and doing an SMP, after which I would take apply again in the 22-23 cycle.

I was wondering if anyone qualified could speak on whether my score would be valid during the 22-23 cycle having taken it in late June 2020. I realize this is highly school dependent, though the cutoff seems to be "valid two years from date of application." Does this mean that my score will be valid that cycle if I apply in early June 2022 but not after my test date?

Members don't see this ad.

It means whatever the school wants it to mean. You will have to check the MSAR for every school you are considering for MCAT eligibility
According to MSAR, one of the schools I’m applying to says

1617167368476.jpeg

I took mcat May 2020, so I will be good for this cycle.

Based on this, for next cycle (2022/2023), I would expect oldest MCAT January 2020 and latest MCAT September 2022. Therefore, my May 2020 MCAT is also good for next cycle.

Please share your thoughts if I’m correct or not. Thanks.