MCAT Testing Conditions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

plzhelpmeh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi so I can't find anywhere what the actual testing conditions will be like for the MCAT 2015.

Some of my specific questions include:
Is the test taken on the computer?
Do we get a pencil and paper?
Can we use calculators?
How many questions are shown per page?
If it's computerized, can we cross out possible answers to help narrow down our choices?
How do we annotate reading on the computer?
Do we have to memorize all those complicated physics formulas like Bernoulli's or do they give them to us?​

If someone could answer those questions that'd be great and feel free to add any other important information.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Wrong section, but:
1: Yes
2: Yes, they provide it.
3: No
4: It shows the passage and 1 question at a time, or just the question on discretes.
5: Yes, you can cross out and uncross if you want
6: You can highlight, but not annotate, write on the scratch paper provided.
7: Read up on the aamc stuff, some formulas may be given, some may not, better to know the concepts.

Does it highlight when you scroll over it or do you have to click the "highlight" icon after selecting it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wrong section, but:
1: Yes
2: Yes, they provide it.
3: No
4: It shows the passage and 1 question at a time, or just the question on discretes.
5: Yes, you can cross out and uncross if you want
6: You can highlight, but not annotate, write on the scratch paper provided.
7: Read up on the aamc stuff, some formulas may be given, some may not, better to know the concepts.

I was under the impression we could use the calculator on the computer? Is this not correct?

There is no calculator. To highlight, you have to select the text and then click the highlight icon. The tutorial at the beginning will walk you through it.