mcatpearls.com: update on a grassroots developed study tool

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alfa Diallo

mcatpearls.com Guy
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey people, thanks to those who have downloaded the ~3,000 chapters in the last 2 weeks - I hope they help.

- chapter 72 (physics: periodic waves) was messed up for some reason but i think i've fixed the bug

- thanks to the volunteers - you know who you are ;)

- i am still in need of getting the word out (perhaps to pre-med advisors or pre-med groups???) I don't have contact info so any help would be appreciated. Or if you want to take the initiative and email the link to your friends, etc that would be cool also.

- SDN has given me the green light to post mcatpearls.com on to the Downloads page so it should be up in a couple of days. up to now, i've only resorted to using the sole SDN thread i started a week or two ago to get the word out but once the thread slips past the first couple pages, so do visits....this is a self-limiting approach so if you have any suggestions on spreading the word i'ld appreciate it.

alfa

Members don't see this ad.

You could put your link in the MCAT sticky in the MCAT forum, with the other studying information. Contact MCAT mods for more information.

Thanks for the great resource!

Alfa Diallo said:
hey people, thanks to those who have downloaded the ~3,000 chapters in the last 2 weeks - I hope they help.

- chapter 72 (physics: periodic waves) was messed up for some reason but i think i've fixed the bug

- i am still in need of getting the word out (perhaps to pre-med advisors or pre-med groups???) I don't have contact info so any help would be appreciated. Or if you want to take the initiative and email the link to your friends, etc that would be cool also.

- SDN has given me the green light to post mcatpearls.com on to the Downloads page so it should be up in a couple of days. up to now, i've only resorted to using the sole SDN thread i started a week or two ago to get the word out but once the thread slips past the first couple pages, so do visits....this is a self-limiting approach so if you have any suggestions on spreading the word i'ld appreciate it.

alfa

This is such a good website. I already recommended it to alot of my friends who are taking their MCATs in the August. Don't worry, free and good stuff like this spreads fast. LOL!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Alfa, I'm one of the MAAP students from the summer (the tech guy who handles all the lecture stuff.) I'm gonna link the mcatpearls site to the MAAP webpage and send out an email to everyone reminding them too... thanks again! :D

it was a pleasure to meet you! come back to UVa at some point and let's have a lunch or something. PM me if you're in town. also lemme know if you need help either editting or working on the site; I have some good background in html, perl, php, etc. :)

hey crazy cav, can you PM me so that i have your email?

i'm definitely interested in revamping the site using a database driven site...right now i'm using a template from my hosting service and it's very limited....the site needs an overhaul over the next few months so your tutelage would be very much appreciated, lata, a

crazy_cavalier said:
Hi Alfa, I'm one of the MAAP students from the summer (the tech guy who handles all the lecture stuff.) I'm gonna link the mcatpearls site to the MAAP webpage and send out an email to everyone reminding them too... thanks again! :D

it was a pleasure to meet you! come back to UVa at some point and let's have a lunch or something. PM me if you're in town. also lemme know if you need help either editting or working on the site; I have some good background in html, perl, php, etc. :)

is anyone having problems with downloading pdfs? i've gotten some feedback that some of the downloaded files are not readable...

please let me know...alfa

mustangsally65 said:
You could put your link in the MCAT sticky in the MCAT forum, with the other studying information. Contact MCAT mods for more information.

Thanks for the great resource!

Alfa Diallo said:

alfa

I emailed the link to my premed advisor about it and shes pretty interested. PM me for more info. thanks!

mcatpearls.com has been up for a little over a month and I wanted to thank all who've used the site: almost 4,000 chapters have been downloaded and used up 1 GB of bandwidth - more than I could have expected.

help me think outside of the box and tell me what else could improve the site.

alfa

ps for those MS-IV out there: enjoy it - granted it's only day 2 of internship, but being a PGY-1 is pretty humbling...

QofQuimica said:
I have added Dr. Diallo's MCATPearls link to the MCAT Q & A subforum in a sticky: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=210527

P.S. Here is the direct link to MCATPearls: www.mcatpearls.com