MCG - Class of 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey DrTacoElf,

I will be attending MCG this August as well. Look forward to seeing you there. I just discovered SDN this past week. (Wish I had known about it while going through the app process!)

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview was on Oct. 11. I am married, so we will probably buy a house rather than living in married housing. Although, I'll probably at least take a look at it. I'm a non-traditional student (30, married, Dentistry will be second career). In regards to teeth, the dentist I shadowed is supposed to give me some, but I'm sure it will not be enough. I'll have to start searching out other sources soon. I need to look it up again; forgotten how many we are supposed to have??

How about you-When was your interview, etc..

-Steven

mcg09dmd said:
My interview was on Oct. 11. I am married, so we will probably buy a house rather than living in married housing. Although, I'll probably at least take a look at it. I'm a non-traditional student (30, married, Dentistry will be second career). In regards to teeth, the dentist I shadowed is supposed to give me some, but I'm sure it will not be enough. I'll have to start searching out other sources soon. I need to look it up again; forgotten how many we are supposed to have??

How about you-When was your interview, etc..

-Steven

My interview was september 16/17. I'm a 23 year old single male and I'm pretty sure i'm going to live on campus at least for the first semester. I think we need at least 60 for endo and an additional 100 for other stuff. The tricky part is a large majority of those 60 need to be anterior teeth (incisors/canines) which are proving to be quite hard to get ahold of.

Interviewed Nov. 5. I'm 27 and this will also be my second career. DrTaco, I heard from my D1 friend that this year's acceptees consist of more females than males. ;) I will probably be buying a house there. I hear March/April is a good time to look since med students who match will start putting their houses up for sale.

As for collecting teeth, we will need approx. 160, 60 of which should be in sound condition without large fillings or decay for endo. We will need 10-12 of each of the following:

Max. central incisors
Man. incisiors (central and/or lateral)
Max. premolars
Max. molars
Man. molars

Then 100 additional teeth in whatever condition. I volunteer in a public health clinic so I'm sure I'll have extras to share. :)

-David

Dofu said:
DrTaco, I heard from my D1 friend that this year's acceptees consist of more females than males. ;)

Nice :cool:

I picked up about 25-30 teeth from my oral surgeon today, looks like most are 3rd molars although I won't know for sure until I sort them tonight :).

Hey everyone..

I'm doing the open doorway program on March 25th - Anyone know what time we should arrive on Friday (I'm assuming early).

DrTacoElf said:
Hey everyone..

I'm doing the open doorway program on March 25th - Anyone know what time we should arrive on Friday (I'm assuming early).
Thanks for reminding me to RSVP...almost forgot. I'll try to get the 3/25 date, too. No idea as to what time to show.

i'm currently hanging out on the alternate list at MCG... just curious what is the open door program....

I got a call from Dr. Hanes on monday... They finally moved up from the alternate list to the accepted list at MCG… So I am headed to MCG