MCG (Georgia) interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bubbleyum

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anybody who is non-EDP gotten interviews yet? when were you complete, and if you've already gone to your interview, how was it?

Members don't see this ad.

nobody?? is this school just being slow or what...

bubbleyum said:
nobody?? is this school just being slow or what...

They do EDP first and then regular...they wont begin interviewing (I was told) for regular till middle of october...ah waiting...fun huh? :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Kitra101 said:
They do EDP first and then regular...they wont begin interviewing (I was told) for regular till middle of october...ah waiting...fun huh? :laugh:

What is EDP?

KingTutATL said:
What is EDP?
early decision process where they fill 60-80 spots of the 180 class before oct 1...it is a binding process where you can apply only to that one school of which you designate edp and then you must wait to see if you get in oct 1 ish...if you get "rolled over" to the regular pool for later decision, then you are released from the binding of edp and can apply to other schools...however, if ths happens, you are 3 months behind and while you are completing secondaries in late oct - early november, others are being interviewed and also accepted....it hurts you really badly to not get in edp....its like putting all your eggs into one basket....i speak from experience... :thumbdown:

yes, waiting is fun :thumbdown:

i thought they would at least start sending out invites by now. and also they should send you a notification if your file is complete or not! this is a rolling state school, to not hear even a peep out of themfor this long is not cool.

As of late last week, MCG started to give out regular decision interviews to in-state applicants.

bubbleyum said:
yes, waiting is fun :thumbdown:

i thought they would at least start sending out invites by now. and also they should send you a notification if your file is complete or not! this is a rolling state school, to not hear even a peep out of themfor this long is not cool.

MCG does a lot of EDP interviews, so don't worry if you haven't gotten an interview yet its still early in the season as they interview all the way to March. When I interviewed in 2003 I was non-EDP and I had mine in mid October and I think I was one of the earliest non-EDP groups.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got an invitation for an interview at MCG today as a non-EDP applicant. My application was completed in late July so MCG did take a long time to respond, and the interview date they gave me isn't until November.

thanks for the info. mcg just doesn't seem to be a school that gets much action on the sdn boards!
i hope i get to hear from them, but i guess it won't be anytime soon.

bubbleyum said:
thanks for the info. mcg just doesn't seem to be a school that gets much action on the sdn boards!
i hope i get to hear from them, but i guess it won't be anytime soon.

Not many people here are on SDN. I'm not even sure many know about it. I'm always surprised when I come across someone else on SDN that goes to mcg. We're sort of in our own little world.
good luck!