About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

McGill Application Essay

Discussion in 'School Specific Discussions' started by NURS3, Nov 12, 2011.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. NURS3

NURS3

Pre-Dental

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hello everyone,

I am currently doing my McGill entrance essay for dentistry and I'm having the hardest time figuring out what they're expecting from one of their questions:

"Tell us about your personal development: overall life experience, work experience, extracurricular activities, adversity faced and how you dealt with it, etc. (0.5 page)"

I'm not sure how to approach this question. So far I discussed the following:

- how I became interested in dentistry
    - my work/employment history (did not go into my responsibilities/skills related to work as I discussed this in another question)
    - volunteer/shadowing history (again I did not try to go into responsibilities because I put this on my resume)
    - some examples of challenges that I faced as a student and while working

Already this took up about half a page. I'm not sure if this is what the question is asking or if they want me to discuss how I developed as a person.

It seems like such a broad question and I feel that if I try to discuss everything, I'll just end up making a list of my experiences...

Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!!