About the ads

McGill Application Essay

Discussion in 'School Specific Discussions' started by NURS3, Nov 12, 2011.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.

Thanks to Crack the DAT
  1. NURS3

NURS3

Pre-Dental

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hello everyone,

I am currently doing my McGill entrance essay for dentistry and I'm having the hardest time figuring out what they're expecting from one of their questions:

"Tell us about your personal development: overall life experience, work experience, extracurricular activities, adversity faced and how you dealt with it, etc. (0.5 page)"

I'm not sure how to approach this question. So far I discussed the following:

- how I became interested in dentistry
    - my work/employment history (did not go into my responsibilities/skills related to work as I discussed this in another question)
    - volunteer/shadowing history (again I did not try to go into responsibilities because I put this on my resume)
    - some examples of challenges that I faced as a student and while working

Already this took up about half a page. I'm not sure if this is what the question is asking or if they want me to discuss how I developed as a person.

It seems like such a broad question and I feel that if I try to discuss everything, I'll just end up making a list of my experiences...

Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!!