MCPHS Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optometry2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I noticed there wasn't really a Facebook group going for MCPHS's Class of 2019. If you are attending this fall please message me so we can exchange details and get a Facebook group going so we can kind of meet our potential classmates!

Members don't see this ad.

First year at MCPHS now -- the school sets up a FB group in the summer (or at least they did last year for us) and they send it out in an email! Congrats on the acceptance :)

How long did it take you after submitting your apps that they responded about getting an interview. I haven't received any word from them at all. Kinda getting worried now. :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I received an interview invite from MCPHS just last week. For reference I submitted my application on March 1st.

Hi, I received an interview invite from MCPHS just last week. For reference I submitted my application on March 1st.
Yeah I actually just got the interview invite this past weekend, scheduled my interview for May 28! What about you?

hi guys
I have my interview on may 28th so I was wondering what the 30min writing sample is like?

hi guys
I have my interview on may 28th so I was wondering what the 30min writing sample is like?
Simple prompts like:
What is an obstacle you've overcome and how?Should a college education be free or should we pay tuition and why?

Hi, I have an interview next week at MCPHS. Is the interview with only one or several faculty member? What kind of questions did they ask and how long did it last?
I am a bit anxious/stressed out. would appreciate the help, thank you!

Hi, I have an interview next week at MCPHS. Is the interview with only one or several faculty member? What kind of questions did they ask and how long did it last?
I am a bit anxious/stressed out. would appreciate the help, thank you!

Interview is one on one. Honestly a pretty easy interview, really quick. The actual interview I would say lasted about 10 min or so, but we got off topic as well and rambled on for a while. They asked the typical questions like why optometry, how'd you get into it, etc. there's honestly nothing to worry about. I suggest you research a little about the school and have some questions prepared to ask them during the interview as well. Good luck n hope to see you there in sep!

Interview is one on one. Honestly a pretty easy interview, really quick. The actual interview I would say lasted about 10 min or so, but we got off topic as well and rambled on for a while. They asked the typical questions like why optometry, how'd you get into it, etc. there's honestly nothing to worry about. I suggest you research a little about the school and have some questions prepared to ask them during the interview as well. Good luck n hope to see you there in sep!
hey man what were your stats I'm still on the waitlist they told me to the the OAT again before they give me an interview

hey man what were your stats I'm still on the waitlist they told me to the the OAT again before they give me an interview

Pre OD GPA: 3.32
Science and Math GPA: 3.16
Overall GPA: 3.28
OAT: 310 AA, 290 TS

Hi I have an upcoming interview at MCPHS, and I was just wondering about what kind of questions for the essays? And what kind of questions they ask in general during the interview?