MCPHS (Worcester)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
they are very nice, they actually said if I can't do friday they can schedule anyday during the week.

They originally scheduled me for the 13th, but I have to be at Albany, NY so I asked for the week before. Therefore I got Oct 7th.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
are there other people get the interview invitation? right now i think only people post they got interview.:)

Not everyone is on SDN.
For example, the other person that is interviewing with me on October 7th.

Interview invited.
Scheduled for Nov 19.

The school is ~an hour from either airport. I wonder if there are other types of transportation besides taxi... to save $$$ :(

Interview invited.
Scheduled for Nov 19.

The school is ~an hour from either airport. I wonder if there are other types of transportation besides taxi... to save $$$ :(

Look up Knights airport shuttle service.

I reserved a round trip from Logan Airport to MCPHS and back for $51 one way.

Hi guys, here's what I remember from my time there last year. If you're looking to save money, there are two cheaper alternatives.

1) Take the commuter rail from South Station. From Logan, take the Silver Line Bus (~2-3 bucks? About a 10-15 minute trip) to South Station. From South Station, you can take the commuter rail to Worcester (just read the signs and make sure you get a ticket for the right one!); I believe that's about $8. The downside, is this method will probably take the longest amount of time. The commuter rail (depending on what time of day you get there and if it's running with less stops or if it's stopping at every stop) can take almost up to two hours. But if you have the time like I did, a nice opportunity to catch up on some reading :)

2) The Peter Pan Bus. I took this on the way back from Worcester to Logan, and I think it goes directly to Logan but I can't remember for sure. If not it'll take you to South Station. I think it was about 10-15 dollars, but faster (maybe an hour trip, barring traffic) and a little more comfortable. You can also take this from Logan to Worcester as well I believe.

Do note that both of these options stop in Union Station in Worcester. Depending on where you're staying, it might not be that close and you might have to take a taxi to your hotel. I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott and it was probably about a mile from Union Station and the campus. Walking distance if you choose, but a short taxi ride as well.

Thanks for the info. Is it round trip or one way????

They charge per way but you can reserve a round trip.

Sorry if I listed confusing information.
It's $51 one way or $102 round trip if you would like to calculate that way.

Interview invited.
Scheduled for Nov 19.

They schedule interview for Saturdays??

For those of you that have been there, would getting a rental car possible? or is it not an easy drive from Logan airport?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't plan to stay in a hotel. I plan to fly there (just about an hour of flying), interview, and fly home on the same day.
Which airport should I choose???

I don't plan to stay in a hotel. I plan to fly there (just about an hour of flying), interview, and fly home on the same day.
Which airport should I choose???

Wow that's intense.
I think people usually take either Boston Logan Airport or TF Green airpot.

But there might be smaller airports. Depends where you're going from, flights may be limited?

my pharmcas were mailed 09/19/11, and i did my supp apps on 08/31/11.
I am checking my email regularly to hear back from MCPHS, this wait is killing me;. :scared:

Last edited:
my pharmcas were mailed 09/19/11, and i did my supp apps on 08/31/11.
I am checking my email regularly to hear back from MCPHS, this wait is killing me;. :scared:
you dont need worry much! my pharmcas was done by 6/27, my supp was done by 08/03! i am still waiting!!!:scared::scared::scared:

you dont need worry much! my pharmcas was done by 6/27, my supp was done by 08/03! i am still waiting!!!:scared::scared::scared:

I emailed Bryan to check on my status. He didn't tell me but did say I would hear back in two weeks and I did. You could try that! Good Luck!

Anyone know which hotel to stay at for the interview?

Anyone know which hotel to stay at for the interview?

At least last year, some hotels will offer you a discounted rate if you're interviewing at the school. The one I stayed at, the Courtyard Marriott, offers a special rate with the corporate code so it comes out to about 95 bucks a night. It's not as close as the Hilton Garden Inn, but it's still only about 0.8 miles from campus.

Is anyone having trouble scheduling their interview date? I've called five times over the past two days and I keep getting Kate's voicemail. :(

I'd really like to get this scheduled. . .

EDIT: Whew, finally got it scheduled-- interviewing November 19th!

Last edited:
Is anyone having trouble scheduling their interview date? I've called five times over the past two days and I keep getting Kate's voicemail. :(

I'd really like to get this scheduled. . .

Is there some kind of holiday going on in East coast?
I know they celebrate Columbus Day but I dont think it's right now.
Many people are still waiting to hear back and seems like MCPHS's progress has stalled.

Is there some kind of holiday going on in East coast?
I know they celebrate Columbus Day but I dont think it's right now.
Many people are still waiting to hear back and seems like MCPHS's progress has stalled.

No holiday that I know of -- at least not at my school! I think they are recieving a lot of volume in applications/phone calls and just having a hard time keeping up.

Those of you still waiting, they are very helpful and willing to work with you. Kate was very friendly -- I would give her a call if you have any questions.

No holiday that I know of -- at least not at my school! I think they are recieving a lot of volume in applications/phone calls and just having a hard time keeping up.

Those of you still waiting, they are very helpful and willing to work with you. Kate was very friendly -- I would give her a call if you have any questions.

I second that. When they offered me an interview on the 13th (or the week of, cannot remember the exact day), I told them I cannot make it and she said she can give me interview Monday-Friday lol.

I hope the rest of the faculty is as friendly as her.

Hi everyone.

I was just wondering how long after you had everything submitted that you heard about the interview?

My PharmCAS was send out on 9/19 and my supplemental was submitted about 2 months ago?

Just wondering when I should start checking the mailbox?
Thanks!

Hi everyone.

I was just wondering how long after you had everything submitted that you heard about the interview?

My PharmCAS was send out on 9/19 and my supplemental was submitted about 2 months ago?

Just wondering when I should start checking the mailbox?
Thanks!

I'm not really sure why people would submit supplemental before pharmCAS, but schools do not review your files until both pharmCAS and supplemental are completed. So I would create a timeline from the date your pharmCAS is RECEIVED and PROCESSED, not sent out.

hope this helps.

I'm not really sure why people would submit supplemental before pharmCAS, but schools do not review your files until both pharmCAS and supplemental are completed. So I would create a timeline from the date your pharmCAS is RECEIVED and PROCESSED, not sent out.

hope this helps.

Because the supplemental didn't require waiting on transcripts to arrive, recommendations to be sent, and GPAs to be calculated. So technically both were done on the same day once just required more steps until it was sent out.

Did MCPHS notify you when they have received and processed your application?

Because the supplemental didn't require waiting on transcripts to arrive, recommendations to be sent, and GPAs to be calculated. So technically both were done on the same day once just required more steps until it was sent out.

Did MCPHS notify you when they have received and processed your application?

MCP actually didnt tell me anything at all...just a random letter one day that I thought was rejection

MCP actually didnt tell me anything at all...just a random letter one day that I thought was rejection

Oh that's good. People are talking about it like they got something in the mail first. I guess I'll just start to keep my eye out for something that looks like a rejection :)))

Oh that's good. People are talking about it like they got something in the mail first. I guess I'll just start to keep my eye out for something that looks like a rejection :)))

Naw, they interview ALOT of people (in the 300s?)

They will send you a letter to schedule your interview, then after you scheduled, you will get another letter telling you all the details.

Naw, they interview ALOT of people (in the 300s?)

They will send you a letter to schedule your interview, then after you scheduled, you will get another letter telling you all the details.

I didn't mean I thought I was going to get rejected, but that you said it looked like a rejection. I think they said they get like 1200ish applications and take 200 people (I don't remember the actual class size).

I think I am a pretty good candidate. And they gave me very positive feedback when I went to visit in early summer.

Last edited:
I didn't mean I thought I was going to get rejected, but that you said it looked like a rejection. I think they said they get like 1200ish applications and take 200 people (I don't remember the actual class size).

I think I am a pretty good candidate. And they gave me very positive feedback when I went to visit in early summer. I am an "unusual" applicant so I am hoping that they will consider me. And not find me overqualified...

whats unusual? how come you want to go there if youre overqualified?

lol "overqualified"? :laugh:
I thought they only reject "underqualified" students, and some even give them a chance...

how do u know u are overqualified? I've heard of stellar applicants who got interviews to all CA schools even USCF but they didn't do well in the interview and was not accepted to one school, or was only accepted to a non-accredited school. So don't be so sure man.....

I'll just say I've been in school for a loooong time. And someone told me I may be overqualified. That's all.

Judging by his name, he probably has a PhD degree from Boston University. It is actually not unlikely for PhDs to further pursue a professional degree.

I know for one that UCSF accepted a chemistry professor that had taught for 20 years or something and decided to do pharmacy.

Having advanced degree only means you are prepared for the course work, but does not mean you are an overqualified applicant (not trying to bring you down, please don't interpret wrong). What I'm trying to say is good job for wanting to pursue a professional degree and I hope you are able to utilize both your prior degrees and PharmD degree to seek a fulfilling career.

when do you think i should contact MCPHS admission office, because its going to be 10 days since my pharmcas sent out the app, and my supp were sent before?
i got emails from other schools that they got my pharmcas, i didn't hear anything back from MCPHS.

when do you think i should contact MCPHS admission office, because its going to be 10 days since my pharmcas sent out the app, and my supp were sent before?
i got emails from other schools that they got my pharmcas, i didn't hear anything back from MCPHS.

I would say 2 weeks is a good time to wait between pharmcas being RECEIVED and you calling.

why do people kept counting the days of pharmcas being sent out. many factors can contribute to the school not receiving your pharmcas app instaneously...just saying.

I emailed Bryan to check on my status. He didn't tell me but did say I would hear back in two weeks and I did. You could try that! Good Luck!
I got the same email from him!!! Don't know is it good or not!!!

Hi everyone :)

I am applying this round and I'm just wondering if the supplemental essays are really important? or are they just for the admissions committee to see a sample of our writing?

I currently have major writer's block and I'm just wondering???

Hi everyone :)

I am applying this round and I'm just wondering if the supplemental essays are really important? or are they just for the admissions committee to see a sample of our writing?

I currently have major writer's block and I'm just wondering???

I think the supplemental essays are very important, unless you have a 3.7GPA and that's all you want them to know you by.

I got an email from them yesterday saying I didn't submit the supplemental application but that if they sent this in error to disregard it. I sent my supplemental application July, so I don't know what they're smokin'.:laugh:

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if MCPHS requires the Toefl test. My English is the second language and it sounds like I have to take this test for the addmission. I just talked to Dennis and she said I should have it done while I'm waiting to hear from them. Does anyone have the same situation like me? :(

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if MCPHS requires the Toefl test. My English is the second language and it sounds like I have to take this test for the addmission. I just talked to Dennis and she said I should have it done while I'm waiting to hear from them. Does anyone have the same situation like me? :(

If you have a bachelor degree in the United States, you do not need to take the TOEFL test. Or was it high school diploma sufficient, I can't be sure. But if you have a bachelor, it is definite that you do not need to take the test.

Hope this helps.

If you have a bachelor degree in the United States, you do not need to take the TOEFL test. Or was it high school diploma sufficient, I can't be sure. But if you have a bachelor, it is definite that you do not need to take the test.

Hope this helps.

thanks for your post. I didn't take high school here but I have bachelor degree in Biochem. :)

I got an email from them yesterday saying I didn't submit the supplemental application but that if they sent this in error to disregard it. I sent my supplemental application July, so I don't know what they're smokin'.:laugh:

I got the same thing. You should just tell them to recheck it in the system, because they probably can't find it.

I got the same thing. You should just tell them to recheck it in the system, because they probably can't find it.

When did you guys submit your supplemental and when did your PharmCAS get sent out?

I still haven't heard anything. And no one has responded to my emails.

hey guys! I need help on the supplementals T____T the school i went to went by quarter system, so would I have to convert the quarters into semester units? And also, my bio series was 3 classes, but on the supplemental for the pre-req checklist, there's only 2 spots to fill in on the bio class :/ so what do i do? :confused:

hey guys! I need help on the supplementals T____T the school i went to went by quarter system, so would I have to convert the quarters into semester units? And also, my bio series was 3 classes, but on the supplemental for the pre-req checklist, there's only 2 spots to fill in on the bio class :/ so what do i do? :confused:

I just chose any relevant/consecutive bio classes to fill in.
I wouldn't worry too much about it since they know to convert themselves, they just want to see if you can follow directions lol