MD at Ross University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you really get kicked out in between semesters?
No, if you want to stay in your same room you don't have to do anything between semesters.

And also are you forced to look for a different housing if one of the roommate leaves?
Again, no. Ross assigns your roommates if you don't have a group made anyway so one leaving just means another will get assigned to that room. Also, after your first semester you no longer need to live on campus so you can find somewhere else you like better.

Do you mind reflecting on the living conditions in Ross housing?
It was fine. I'd describe the houses as basic but they weren't horrible or anything. You will probably run into a centipede or two but the spray or a good shoe will take care of it.
My only gripe living in Barbados was that there was no great fast food places. The stuff in coverley is okay but the prices are expensive for what it is and the workers sure turn the word fast food into an oxymoron with how slow they work lol. If they replaced the school cafeteria with a Chipotle I'd have very little to really complain about.

Things are changing b/c of covid now though. I won't be returning this semester but some people are. They made everyone not returning empty out their houses as they will be redistributed to have less people per house to help with social distancing.

Members don't see this ad.

Interesting. Thank so much.
Also what resources did you use for practice questions for each class?

Interesting. Thank so much.
Also what resources did you use for practice questions for each class?
These questions are getting pretty specific to the point that they are rather irrelevant for making a decision about Ross tbh. I mainly use Ross provided questions with some Kaplan and self made questions from anki.

Members don't see this ad :)
Whatever you have provided is more than enough to make a well-informed decision. Thank you so much and good luck with everything

They do have several scholarships that you can apply on their site. I personally got the HBCU/HSI scholarship, since I came from a Hispanic University. I included the links with the information. I also did MERP, and it was included in the scholarship.

Hey do you happen when is the last day to register for classes?
Hi.
Sorry for the delayed response. The registration is done automatically, but if you want to complete the Admission process, I suggest you call the Admissions Office and they might guide you in the process. I would say that since they are about to start the semester the answer probably would be really fast! When I applied, it was April, and they were planning to accommodate me in the Summer (May) semester. However, I qualified to MERP, and since the program had already started I had to wait until August to start MERP. If you are accepted right away you could start immediately in January, if you are conditionally accepted ("MERPed") you would probably start in April. Here I include the link for the application and the phone number is 855-637-6778. I think calling is better. As with everything, the faster you do it the better, you can PM me as well.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I have contemplated on my options with starting medical school and will be going to RUSM. I know about all the cons of going there so no need to flood the forum with reasons not to go there. I am a pretty strong applicant. I am waitlisted at 4 DO programs and 1 MD program. I am most likely not going to be able to attend due to the cycle ending. I applied very late into the cycle in December 2019 so I was not able to really maximize my chances of medical school. I am not considering a gap year due to personal reasons. I'm asking for any Ross students for advice going forward with RUSM. What to expect? Anything particular about the island?
Reapply if you have to. If you’re on five waitlists, chances are very high you’ll get in this cycle. Apply 3x before going carb.

any US school>>>>>>carb.