MD, but not a doctor...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is old news. From time to time apparently Dr. Bubenik finds another journalist who will tell her story. Thankfully the licensing and residency system serves to protect the public from people like her who somehow manage to squeeze through the system.

Reactions: 1 user
Is her claim that none of the hundreds of transitional or preliminary years won't touch her?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is her claim that none of the hundreds of transitional or preliminary years won't touch her?

Her claims are so convoluted and bull**** that it's difficult to sum up.

She took an extra 2 years to graduate AND failed Step 1, those are some big red flags in an increasingly competitive market. I'm surprised OSHU didn't kick her out - my school would allow only 1 repeat year. Your remainder of medical school was probationary - another failure and you'd be expelled.

Reactions: 1 users
She took an extra 2 years to graduate AND failed Step 1, those are some big red flags in an increasingly competitive market. I'm surprised OSHU didn't kick her out - my school would allow only 1 repeat year. Your remainder of medical school was probationary - another failure and you'd be expelled.
I must have missed that in the article. I could see being shocked at not landing a prelim year after 1 step fail.....but a failure after 2 repeat years is a more of a cliff than an uphill climb

I must have missed that in the article. I could see being shocked at not landing a prelim year after 1 step fail.....but a failure after 2 repeat years is a more of a cliff than an uphill climb
Bubenik does look terrible on paper. A diagnosis of a learning disability came after she had taken two extra years in medical school and failed the first step of the United States Medical Licensing Exam.

Bubenik does look terrible on paper. A diagnosis of a learning disability came after she had taken two extra years in medical school and failed the first step of the United States Medical Licensing Exam.
I have to admit that going public with accusations against the school probably wouldn't make me feel very comfortable if I was a PD....I would just keep picturing them talking to reporters about my program with accusations

I have to admit that going public with accusations against the school probably wouldn't make me feel very comfortable if I was a PD....I would just keep picturing them talking to reporters about my program with accusations

Exactly. She is very quick to point the finger, blame others and everyone for the situation she has cemented herself in.

Any program that picks her up would taking a huge risk for no reward. Best unlikely case is that she might eek it out through the program with little commotion. More likely she craps out there too, and you have to spend years litigating it or defending yourself in the press.

Reactions: 1 users
Why doesn't she just take a prelim surg year(plenty of those) and then get a license as a generalist since she already got step 3 done.