Mean QRS-vector abnormality

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gaqi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A 56 yrs old female patient, in the IM department, with viral C hepatitis, had an otherwise normal Ecg recording, if it wasnt for an abnormal directed mean QRS vector in the horizontal plane; the mean QRS-vector was not directed posteriorely at all.
The QRS direction in the frontal plane was normal (around+50 to +60 degrees), but it was parallel with the frontal plane (the transitional pathway was somewhere between v1 and v2). The initial 0.04s Qrs and terminal o.o4s Qrs vectors were not more than 15degrees away from the mean QRS and in a counterclockwise direction(in the order:init.04Qrs-meanQRS-term.04Qrs), also parallel with the frontal plane. Otherwise the recording appeared to be normal.
Please, can somebody help me ellucidate if this is a normal variant, or can it be a sign of pulmonary abnormality, or a lead misplacement?
(I asked an IM doctor, and she told me the recording is normal, but i really dont recall a mean QRS vector being directed parallel to the frontal plane in the horizontal direction as a normal variant. I was aware of the fact it was nth critical to worry about, but still not sure it was a normal ECG recording as I was told)

Members don't see this ad.