Meant to be

Bellaburgundy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please be as blunt as possible with this...tell me if I am over romanticizing this and that everyone goes through it...I really need to know
So I understand that everyone feels like they are special and all tgast but I feel as though my life is going to be different from the conventional suburban life. I'm just different from others at school, I don't care about making friends or fitting in or activities for school spirit. I just do my own thing and I get good grades and think about the world and life in ways others don't get. Anyways I feel as though when I go to college, my life will get a lot better and I will become adventurous and discover like minded people but that my life won't be the typical life that most people have. That I'm just meant to do something, its this deep feeling...have that life lived in books with a real love story and not become some suburban soccer mom (not that there's anything wrong with that!)
So have I been reading too many novels or could there be some truth in my feelings? Is this something every teen feels, cause I honestly don't know?

Members don't see this ad.

Lots of teens--not all though--have similar thoughts. We all think we're special (and we are, to ourselves) but in the grand scheme of things you'll probably develop different views as you get older.

Edit: It sounds like you're not having a great time in HS, try to change that.

Reactions: 1 user
the next step is to move out to the deep woods and live the life of a hermit, writing the next great works of philosophy to share these thoughts that others just don't have

Members don't see this ad :)
its this deep feeling
Puberty?

Seriously though, dramatizing everything is normal at your age, don't worry about it. Wait until you break up with your first boyfriend/girlfriend and start writing angsty poetry.

the next step is to move out to the deep woods and live the life of a hermit, writing the next great works of philosophy to share these thoughts that others just don't have
hey efle remember when you had hopes and dreams? :p

Dude you must have been doing it wrong it's literally the best thing in the teen world

edit: except Skyrim that was also highschool for me and it was equally awesome

Nah man even inexperienced awkward encounters with total strangers is pure awesome, at least for a typical teen male, that's why we were always after it

Dude you must have been doing it wrong it's literally the best thing in the teen world

edit: except Skyrim that was also highschool for me and it was equally awesome
Well granted I was in the closet and everything, so I wasn't exactly into it. I'll wager I was probably the only 15 year old boy out there who was stoked his gf wouldn't put out for years:p

And skyrim>sex for sure.

Reactions: 2 users
The only video game worth playing is Madden. Maybe NBA2K if I'm feeling particularly adventurous.

There's no story there though, no atmosphere
Create your own stories dude.

"Efle quarterbacks Raiders to fourth Super Bowl."
"Raiders move to Los Angeles" (This happens....often)

The graphics and physics are also probably the best among any game from any platform at the moment. I'm a sucker for aesthetics.

Create your own stories dude.

"Efle quarterbacks Raiders to fourth Super Bowl."
"Raiders move to Los Angeles" (This happens....often)

The graphics and physics are also probably the best among any game from any platform at the moment. I'm a sucker for aesthetics.
But Madden is the COD of sports games; they just recycle the same **** every year.

I have classmates in my upper level anatomy and physio course still drawing dicks in their notebooks (ones that are not anatomically correct, I must add).

If you expect college to be radically different from high school with all the immature and obnoxious people around you now not making the cut, you're in for a rude surprise. At this point, I'm just hoping for the male genitalia to be anatomically correct in medical school.

So I understand that everyone feels like they are special and all tgast but I feel as though my life is going to be different from the conventional suburban life.

Once I accepted life is kind of meaningless and my significance will always be on the micro scale I had a massive moment of relief. With the lack of pressure on myself I was able to focus on realistic goals and had manageable expectations. Am I going to have an oscar winning film based on my life starring Idris Elba? No, but I will make a ripple.