Med-Peds board question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pleepl3us

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Like some many other 2nd year DO students I am contemplating whether or not to do both USMLE and COMLEX this coming summer. I am really interested in Med-Peds and from what I can gather is very friendly to DO's, especially in the midwest.

If anyone has had any experience applying to midwestern programs (IA, MN, Neb, WI, etc....) I would really appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone? Its a Friday night and I'm studying Renal, someone please give me an excuse to read something other than RR Path.

cheers.

I am also a DO....4th year about to graduate. I only took COMLEX exams and had no problem getting interviews at my top programs in the Midwest (MI, IL, Ohio). Let me know if I can help you at all, because I know how little exposure we get to the field of med / peds coming from osteopathic programs. Take care.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm so glad to hear that you had success with just the COMLEX. I'm also applying med peds next year. Please keep us posted this week!

I'm so glad to hear that you had success with just the COMLEX. I'm also applying med peds next year. Please keep us posted this week!

But according to your sig you took USMLE already!

I only took COMLEX and out of 21 programs mostly in the NE that I applied to, I think I received 16 or 17 interviews. However, that was after I made sure they all accepted COMLEX. Out of the ones that I looked at, these DON'T accept COMLEX alone:
Georgetown
U of Maryland
Brown
BYU
Mass General
Rochester
UNC
Duke
UPENN
UPMC