Med School Applicants, List Your Favorite Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dhoonlee

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
ucla because i liked appetite for destruction

Members don't see this ad :)
Columbia- I love NYC and I need to be in a competitive environment .

Yo, Pinkertinkle,

it seems like you are everywhere on the forum. I feel like I am stalking you. :D

Yale-no grades, don't mind research.

Umass- because it would be very cheap for me.
Yale- because it allows people to slack.

I'm not applying yet, but I've always liked Vanderbilt as a kind of darkhorse.

Pinkertinkle said:
ucsf cuz that's what uc when theres no fog.

I had to read that like three times before I got it. Very cute. Of course, UCSF being where it is in the Sunset district, those fogless days are rare.

samurai_lincoln said:
I had to read that like three times before I got it. Very cute. Of course, UCSF being where it is in the Sunset district, those fogless days are rare.
I still don't get the grammar :confused: :confused:

SaltySqueegee said:
I still don't get the grammar :confused: :confused:

Try it phoenetically... "You see SF" when the fog goes away :)

Getting back on topic, I would probably have that as my #1 choice as well. SF is such a great city, though one pays for it to live there!

Columbia...even though I have never really been to NY. I think it would be a great experience.

UMich ... beautiful school, top ranking. I visited it last summer and fell in love.

UCLA; I would love to stay here, it is where my heart is.

Members don't see this ad :)
samurai_lincoln said:
Try it phoenetically... "You see SF" when the fog goes away :)

Getting back on topic, I would probably have that as my #1 choice as well. SF is such a great city, though one pays for it to live there!

It works for UCLA too, but replace fog, with... smog.

Emory cause it doesnt get much better than Grady for clinicals and Atl is where it's at.

Got to have love for the Dirty South. :D

penn on the east coast and stanford on the left. the strength of their graduate depts impresses me and stanford is gorgeous.

Madison: Great school and I don't want to leave Wisconsin. :thumbup:

Gtown - gotta love DC

Pritzker - I'm allowed to dream aren't I?

yale, free fifth year, students have some measure of control over their education and administration, great opportunities for research, it's educational tradition and history, cute boys, etc....

dhoonlee said:
Everyone list the schools you hope to attend and why you like them. :)
Cornell. Awesome research opportunities, great hospitals, option to study/research abroad 4th yr and of course....NYC!!!
Why would I wanna leave NYC????

P.S. And lets not forget..........incredibly hot women!!!

This seems to be a pattern, but I too like Yale...

Vandy or Emory. Vanderbilt for the people, and Emory for Atl. Oh, and both are awesome schools! :thumbup:

UMass- Worked there during college as a research assistant and loved the place. It was my dream school because it was so cheap and so close to home, but alas I lost my residency after leaving for a little while.

Jefferson- Because they accepted me and everyone seemed very nice during my interview.

The school I am upset with:
A Certain Midwest Wannabe Ivy- My wife goes there MS1 and I work there but they still wait listed me. Also, it seems like they change the curriculum like they change their socks, daily. They like to stress the importance of learning the material yet the professors dont show up for lecture and they test you on topics not discussed. Hmmh that seems like BS.

loyola -- have strange, sick need to check out scheeecago
suny -- good, cheap schools
u of rochester -- dream school since i was like 5, no real rhym or reason

To quote (as well as I remember) a poster from back in the day (when I used to lurk):

"I hear Medical School of the United States is a good school. But it's a small school; it doesn't even have a basketball team!"

I know this is shocking, but my favorite school is UMich.

Go BLUE!

duke for the research opps third year and emory for atlanta and the nearby cdc.

University of Chicago, but... Who knows, maybe I'll land a residency spot there :)

If money were a factor, I think UNC-Chapel Hill would be awesome. Without that as a factor, Vandy.

Based on location alone, UCSD and MUSC take the gravy train.