med school deans opinions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gaki

needs help
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I found this link through another thread:
http://people.dce.harvard.edu/~hepps/faq/index.html

It has links that lead to interviews with Harvard, Dartmouth, UMass, and UCSD med school deans about what they think about "medical school, post-bacc applicants, and becoming a doctor."

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, that is pretty cool. I wish I could find the same for some of the schools I am applying to. I wanted to apply to UCSD but figured that I have a better chance of being abducted by aliens than of being accepted there as an out of state applicant. :thumbdown:

Thanks for the link.

The interviews have given me an idea on how I want to structure my personal statement (Now undergoing its 15th revision!)

Members don't see this ad :)
yay i was useful! :)

Scubadoc said:
Wow, that is pretty cool. I wish I could find the same for some of the schools I am applying to. I wanted to apply to UCSD but figured that I have a better chance of being abducted by aliens than of being accepted there as an out of state applicant. :thumbdown:

UCSD as in San Deigo??? We're looking into UCSD...We're checking out Madison as well....it helps that we're already WI residents but we'd love to get into san diego!!! Why a better chance being abducted than getting in? :)

GIGATT said:
UCSD as in San Deigo??? We're looking into UCSD...We're checking out Madison as well....it helps that we're already WI residents but we'd love to get into san diego!!! Why a better chance being abducted than getting in? :)

Yes, as in San Diego. I was looking into San Diego about a year ago because it just looks like a great town & the school looked super....but it is my understanding that they only take an elite handful of students from out of state.... :(

Scubadoc said:
Yes, as in San Diego. I was looking into San Diego about a year ago because it just looks like a great town & the school looked super....but it is my understanding that they only take an elite handful of students from out of state.... :(

Well, that means acing the mcats and establishing residency before hand... lol. Well, good luck to you wherever you go!!!

Scubadoc said:

Both UCSD, and La Jolla are quite gorgeous.

And, sadly, UCs are difficult even for CA residents to get into.