Med School List Help - 3.92 GPA, 521 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bananabeauxt

Reaction score
Hi, I am trying to finalize my list of Med Schools before applying. I think particularly I am looking to add some mid-tier med schools to swap out some of the t20 research ones because I haven't done much research. But any sort of advice would be helpful! I am taking a gap year where I am in the midst of trying to get research, and also hopefully some more volunteering and shadowing.
  • cGPA: 3.93 and sGPA:3.93
  • MCAT: 521, (Chem/Phys, CARS and Psych Soc - 130. Bio - 131)
  • State of residence: North Carolina
  • Orm: South Asian
  • Clinical and shadowing experience: Shadowing - 160+ hours - & Hospital internship w/ patient interaction another 160 hrs
  • Research experience: Lab Assistant for 1 year, my SI will be writing me a LoR (about 250 hrs)
  • Non-Clincial Volunteering: 130 hrs
  • Other extracurricular activities: TA for 2 biology Classes - 200 hrs
    I initiated a diversity push in my pre-med organization - leading to mandated implicit bias training and other recruitment changes
    Part of my local TEDx conference organizing children for 3 years
  • I am a low-income student who supported themselves with a Job through college as well

Georgetown
ECU
Tufts
Wake
Keck
UNC
Boston
Hofstra
Ucolorado
Einstein
Dartmouth
Emory
UVA
Ohio State
Maimi
Rochester
Sinai
Duke
Cornell
Northwestern
Uchicago
Upenn
Columbia
Wash U
NYU

Members don't see this ad.

You have a good list and should receive several interviews. You could add any of these schools:
Pittsburgh
Case Western
Cincinnati
Kaiser
Tulane

Reactions: 1 users