Med student switching sides....need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ssa915

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well I used to be all gung-ho for medical school until about a month ago...i took my mcats, got a 27, have a decent gpa to get into a DO school if nothing else, but decided I wanted to have a life of my own and not work 80 hour weeks so i decided not to apply to med school but instead apply to dental school...so here is my question:

I already have reccomendations from various people, but they were written for med school, not dental school...do you think dental school will accept the reccomendations as valid, or do they want them tailored for dental school?

Members don't see this ad.

I'd get the LORs tailored for dental school. And, I'd prepare a good response to "Why did you decide to switch from medical school to dental school?" when the Adcoms ask--because they WILL ask.

ssa915 said:
Well I used to be all gung-ho for medical school until about a month ago...i took my mcats, got a 27, have a decent gpa to get into a DO school if nothing else, but decided I wanted to have a life of my own and not work 80 hour weeks so i decided not to apply to med school but instead apply to dental school...so here is my question:

where the hell are you meds getting this idea?!? Half of my family are doctors ranging from pediatrics to neurosurgery to ER Doc, and not one! not even the ER, has complained of work getting in the way of life. They are very happy, not stressed, and do not have to make some supreme sacrifice for their careers....

decide what you want to do, and have the balls to do it instead of being so easily swayed by the mere prospect of stress.

Members don't see this ad :)
JavadiCavity said:
I'd get the LORs tailored for dental school. And, I'd prepare a good response to "Why did you decide to switch from medical school to dental school?" when the Adcoms ask--because they WILL ask.
why would they ask if he doesn't tell them

"oh, the pre-med thing on my transcript is an administrative error, i'll have to get that fixed!"

AUG2UAG said:
why would they ask if he doesn't tell them

"oh, the pre-med thing on my transcript is an administrative error, i'll have to get that fixed!"

Interesting. True. The adcoms won't ask if you don't tell them. However, the AADSAS will ask. When AADSAS asks, adcoms will see, when adcoms see, they will ask. Now, of course as much as the country grants us free speech, we are entitled to free silence, and the freedome to lie. You are certainly welcome to lie on your AADSAS, and if no one finds out, then the only person that would know is you.

I do suggest looking further into the dental field before you switch. This switch is not a trivial matter to be taken lightly for yourself. It is a decision that will be with you for the rest of your life.

ssa915 said:

I already have reccomendations from various people, but they were written for med school, not dental school...do you think dental school will accept the reccomendations as valid, or do they want them tailored for dental school?

if i were you, i wouldn't even think of applying with those recc leters written for med school!! i think thats a sure reject! talk to your people again and explain to them about yur plans (its easier explaining them than the admissions committee trust me!) and get new ones for dental school...good luck!

simpledoc said:
if i were you, i wouldn't even think of applying with those recc leters written for med school!! i think thats a sure reject! talk to your people again and explain to them about yur plans (its easier explaining them than the admissions committee trust me!) and get new ones for dental school...good luck!

I don't know about that... I used my med school letters and it worked just fine. I got in with a couple scholarships. But I may have just been lucky.

jk5177 said:
Interesting. True. The adcoms won't ask if you don't tell them. However, the AADSAS will ask. When AADSAS asks, adcoms will see, when adcoms see, they will ask. Now, of course as much as the country grants us free speech, we are entitled to free silence, and the freedome to lie. You are certainly welcome to lie on your AADSAS, and if no one finds out, then the only person that would know is you.
i agree and i disagree :)

i agree about having the freedom to change your mind before you commit to anything (eg career, marriage, etc etc... all the important things :laugh: )

i agree about the freedom to be silent, aka i plead the fifth

however, i disagree about the freedom to lie. if such a freedom would exist, it would not be good :oops:
tell the truth, but in cases where it really doesn't matter ("i wanted to be an astronaut at the age of five") just substitute silence or come up with something creative to divert from the fact at hand.
heck, if 'dubya (W) used to be a coke and booze addict, then your former medical ambitions shouldn't get in the way... right?

besides, dentistry and medicine are inter-related:
"The philosophy that dentistry is a branch of medicine, not just a specialty of medicine- such as dermatology or orthopedics, is unique to Harvard and shapes and defines all of our graduates. The first two years of education, in which medical and dental students learn together about the whole human being, is a unique system of education. The research requirement for all dental students is not necessarily to make our students scientists, but men and women of science. Dentistry is a learned profession, so scholarship is critical to advancing knowledge- whether it be color matching or gene identification."​
-Dean Bruce Donoff, D.M.D., M.D.
Dean of the Harvard School of Dental Medicine
Walter C. Guralnick Distinguished Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery

schools such as harvard, uconn, and columbia have their med and dent students take classes together, thus, it shouldn't hurt that you were interested in "medicine" just explain that you've narrowed your choice to "dental medicine" :thumbup:

simpledoc said:
i highly agree with this. get LORs specific for dental school...

I can't even fathom the mere idea of sending med school recommendations to dental schools :eek: . Is it me or are you people slightly left of center for not recongnizing the problem in that :D .

Yes it is human to change your mind and pursue different careers than once planned-----but you can't send your med school tailored recommendations to dental schools unless you are doing research on how many application rejections it takes to cause depression :laugh: .

Both professions are extremely competitive and you simply won't be able to compete against the rest of the dental apps. I mean think of it this way: If it would be ok to send med school recommendations to dental schools then it has to be OK to send dental school recommendations to med schools. Could you imagine the laughter from the admissions' committee----not only would they question you're knowledge, commitment, and/or desire to be a MD or DDS but also whether they could trust the recommendations.

Have them immediately changed----make sure you have an idea of what dentistry is about because it is night and day from MD's-----However, it is a wonderful career and some of the points you made are very valid. Good luck

My advice to u is to think twice. So far, you have given me 1 main reason why u left premed track. your MCAT. believe me, dental sch aint easy. you might fail a miderms here and there. i hope at that time, you wont quit school and the profession.

yes, lifestyle is very important, but still dentistry is a bit different than medicine. have u considered all the cons in our profession? will u be satisfy when you dont have the ego of the white coat and with everybody scared of you? you still have a chance to re-consider. retake mcat, etc... this is your life long decision. dont give up so easily on a single test.

ssa915 said:

When I called my professors and had them change things to dental, they were very understanding about it. They did not even bat an eye. I would definately get them changed though.

Dont listen to all the nay sayers!! I say welcome to dentistry!! Make sure you shadow a dentist. Good luck with admissions!

ecdoesit said:
yes, lifestyle is very important, but still dentistry is a bit different than medicine. have u considered all the cons in our profession? will u be satisfy when you dont have the ego of the white coat and with everybody scared of you?
ugh :thumbdown:

Dr.2b said:
I can't even fathom the mere idea of sending med school recommendations to dental schools :eek: . Is it me or are you people slightly left of center for not recongnizing the problem in that :D .

Yes it is human to change your mind and pursue different careers than once planned-----but you can't send your med school tailored recommendations to dental schools unless you are doing research on how many application rejections it takes to cause depression :laugh: .

Both professions are extremely competitive and you simply won't be able to compete against the rest of the dental apps. I mean think of it this way: If it would be ok to send med school recommendations to dental schools then it has to be OK to send dental school recommendations to med schools. Could you imagine the laughter from the admissions' committee----not only would they question you're knowledge, commitment, and/or desire to be a MD or DDS but also whether they could trust the recommendations.

Have them immediately changed----make sure you have an idea of what dentistry is about because it is night and day from MD's-----However, it is a wonderful career and some of the points you made are very valid. Good luck

Well my recommendation was a letter from a pre-health admissions committee, so I think in writing their letter they used loose terms as a "future health care professional" and "doctor". Either way, I think the criteria used to evaluate whether you'll become a successful physician or a dentist are fairly similar, apart from the whole manual dexterity thing. However, just to be safe, if you think they tailored it specifically to medical schools then go with what everyone is saying and have them changed. I was just trying to say that it may not necessarily be a problem depending on your school, but I suppose my case is not the norm.

Members don't see this ad :)
AUG2UAG said:
yes, lifestyle is very important, but still dentistry is a bit different than medicine. have u considered all the cons in our profession? will u be satisfy when you dont have the ego of the white coat and with everybody scared of you?
ugh :thumbdown:

What don't you agree with in that statement? Just because you and I may not be worried about it, doesn't mean that it isn't important to other people. Prestige is a major factor in a lot of people's choice to go to med school. Just head on over to pre-allo ---- lots of fragile egos over there. I think it's a legitimate consideration.

12YearOldKid said:
What don't you agree with in that statement? Just because you and I may not be worried about it, doesn't mean that it isn't important to other people. Prestige is a major factor in a lot of people's choice to go to med school. Just head on over to pre-allo ---- lots of fragile egos over there. I think it's a legitimate consideration.
honestly i don't care about things like who's cock is bigger than mine.
the only negatives in dentistry I can think of is the length of school and tuition you have to pay... i don't think i will ever allow myself to be second nor allow any other person to be second to me. dentistry as i view is medicine and i will be at par with an md, that's my pov
and the last thing i'm concerned with are people's phobias with dentistry... that is so outdated! i haven't met a single person that is afraid of the dentist, in fact dentistry has become so cosmetic nowadays that people visit the dentist more than the recommended twice a year!
your argument lacks logic because you're telling me that the world can be filled with md's, because it's the most prestigious career, right? wrong. any doctor won't be sqwat if s/he can't get to work if:
- there are no roads (construction people)
- no transportation (factory workers)
- the streets are filled with trash that you have to stay inside (janitorial sciences ;) )

i totally disagree with your argument and i pity the fool who has an ego! there's always gonna be someone (even without a high school degree) that his/her spouse will like more/ or is better than s/he! it's called being humble and i admit that it's a struggle, but i disagree that it's an excuse

excuser moi, i have an appointment to belittle the pharmacy folks and everyone else in the world who's not studying allopathic/osteopathic/dentistry :laugh:

---------------------------------------------
Edit:

now that i stepped away and re-read the situation ok:

yes, i agree with ecdoesit and 12yearoldkid that if you don't have the heart/corazon/coeur of a lion for dentistry, then yes you may experience that dentistry is more limited than medicine, simply because you have already devoted yourself to the teeth!

but honestly, my intention in writing was that the op was already smart enuf to come to this conclusion

now this discussion is going to go in the direction of $$$ and prestige (which i find to be extremely boring).

if you like money and prestige, i would suggest not doing medicine! that's what the surgeons (the uber prestige doctors) tell me ;)

(surgeons have told me that they hate their job and pharmacists told me that they hate their job...note the plurality of those people! honestly i have never heard this from a dentist)

In response to the above post, just to give you and others another point of view: I have asked 3 dentists about their job satisfaction and 2/3 were very dissatisfied. I was getting my teeth cleaned by the wife of one of them (she is a dental hygenist) and she was telling me her husband is very dissatisfied with his job (when I asked why she said he hates the fact that people dread seeing him, his back hurts and much more that she opted out of sharing). The other dentist said it's boring to do the same thing over and over and is looking for another carreer. This is in no way talking down about dentistry, but the above poster makes it sound like people complain about medicine and pharmacy but not dentistry. Interesting enough, that dentist's wife said if she could go back to school, she'd enter pharmacy (short length of school) or family medicine (variety / scope of practice). About prestige, I have met physicians who are very prestigious... and some who are not. So that argument isn't really valid since some surgeons have told you it's not. I have had second thoughts about dentistry but will probably pursue it to take over an existing practice.

PreDentJennifer said:
The other dentist said it's boring to do the same thing over and over and is looking for another carreer. This is in no way talking down about dentistry, but the above poster makes it sound like people complain about medicine and pharmacy but not dentistry. Interesting enough, that dentist's wife said if she could go back to school, she'd enter pharmacy (short length of school) or family medicine (variety / scope of practice). About prestige, I have met physicians who are very prestigious... and some who are not. So that argument isn't really valid since some surgeons have told you it's not. I have had second thoughts about dentistry but will probably pursue it to take over an existing practice.

I think for most fields we get into, there is a sense of boredom once we get good at it. I know people who choose to do medical bioinformatics rather than medicine because he knows the daily grind of being a family physician. After a while, it is the same thing over and over again. This is just as true as dentistry. I think any dentist who has been practicing for a while will get bored. I've shadowed dentist in the past summer, and that certainly seem to be the case. However... HERE IS THE CATCH... they are aware of such job burnouts, and that's why THEY HAVE HOBBIES, THEY TEACH, THEY ARE INVOLVED WITH THE COMMUNITY, and THEY VOLUNTEER. And having to only work few days a week, say four, ALLOWS THE OPTIONS TO PURSUE THOSE INTERESTS.

I love to teach; so I want to have the opportunity to teach at any grade level I want. I enjoyed acting this semester, so I want to develop that more. Outdoors are great; I can't imagine a week or two without being in the nature. Ladies are great fun to be with, and I want to meet them. There is so much more to life than just the job, the teeth, the profession. And the best way to pursue those personal interests is to not worry about getting the next meal on my table.

My belief is that most professions will get boring once we are good. That's human nature. But, dentistry, for me, allows me the oppotunity to pursue other parts of life.

PreDentJennifer said:
but the above poster makes it sound like people complain about medicine and pharmacy but not dentistry.
I worked at an outpatient surgery center where many of the orthopods and neurosurgeons voiced their dissatisfaction to me, which probably doesn't mean jack diddly

and I worked at a Rite Aid pharmacy in ca where a couple of the pharmacists advised me to steer clear of pharmacy and pursue medicine, or better yet dentistry!

and in my experience, from knowing dentists in the family for many many years, i don't remember hearing a single bad thing about dentistry.
that's my experience

thank you for the contribution of providing this very interesting pov predentjennifer, it is well regarded

and i agree that any job you'll do will become repetitive

and i think that prestige is a relative term and is something that cannot be gauged

and that's it's harder on the back to stand for a six hour operation with a 10-15 lb x-ray shield/vest on than to sit and work on a patient, as long as you're conscience of your posture and work on your core (abs) to keep them toned
[a good excuse to work out in all that xtra time you have and which will help you have an incredible sex life... yes, the good things in life :p ]

PreDentJennifer said:
Interesting enough, that dentist's wife said if she could go back to school, she'd enter pharmacy (short length of school) or family medicine (variety / scope of practice)...
The wife (dental hygienist) is full of it! One of the good things of having been through 4yrs of dental school is that I can smell BS from miles away!
99% of dental hygienists do not have a B.S. or B.A degree upon entering dental school (not that there's anything wrong with it!). So to say that she would go into Pharm ( short length of school? it's 3-4yrs program! hygiene is 2 yrs! It can't be any shorter than that! ) or Family Med (yeah, uh huh, right!) is a total crap. The requirements for a doctorate program is more stringent than hygiene program. Man, if she could go back to school, she wish that she was accepted into dental school! Give me a break!
PreDentJennifer said:
I have asked 3 dentists about their job satisfaction and 2/3 were very dissatisfied...
Look at those 3 practices, how do they look? where are they located? how do they interact with staff members, patients? what type of patients they're treating....
Find 2 dentists who are pleased with their practices and compare them with the other 2 miserable ones, you'll learn much more from them.
PreDentJennifer said:
...people dread seeing him, his back hurts and much more that she opted out of sharing.
I don't want to treat the people who dread to see me or who don't want to be treated! I refer them out to dental school! It's not my problem that they don't care about their oral health. If his back hurts then maybe he's bending over way too much! :D maybe it's time for an early retirement! Ever heard of exercise, staying in shape?!
PreDentJennifer said:
...The other dentist said it's boring to do the same thing over and over and is looking for another carreer...
Good luck with finding a career in which he doesn't have to do the same thing over and over! If your job is not on MTV's Jack @ss then chances are you'll have to do the same thing over and over and over again! Maybe that dentist sucks at dentistry?! Boring or not is up to you. Like JK1577 posted "THEY HAVE HOBBIES, THEY TEACH, THEY ARE INVOLVED WITH THE COMMUNITY, and THEY VOLUNTEER. And having to only work few days a week, say four, ALLOWS THE OPTIONS TO PURSUE THOSE INTERESTS. "

PreDentJennifer said:
I have had second thoughts about dentistry but will probably pursue it to take over an existing practice.
that's a wrong, so wrong reason to go into dentistry! you'll be miserable like the other 2 dentists and the hygienist!

very flawed viewpoint. how would the hygienist know she'd rather be a pharmacist or family practitioner if she's never been a pharmacist or family practitioner? the grass is greener on.... (you know the rest)

PreDentJennifer said:
In response to the above post, just to give you and others another point of view: I have asked 3 dentists about their job satisfaction and 2/3 were very dissatisfied. I was getting my teeth cleaned by the wife of one of them (she is a dental hygenist) and she was telling me her husband is very dissatisfied with his job (when I asked why she said he hates the fact that people dread seeing him, his back hurts and much more that she opted out of sharing). The other dentist said it's boring to do the same thing over and over and is looking for another carreer. This is in no way talking down about dentistry, but the above poster makes it sound like people complain about medicine and pharmacy but not dentistry. Interesting enough, that dentist's wife said if she could go back to school, she'd enter pharmacy (short length of school) or family medicine (variety / scope of practice). About prestige, I have met physicians who are very prestigious... and some who are not. So that argument isn't really valid since some surgeons have told you it's not. I have had second thoughts about dentistry but will probably pursue it to take over an existing practice.

Jone said:
very flawed viewpoint. how would the hygienist know she'd rather be a pharmacist or family practitioner if she's never been a pharmacist or family practitioner? the grass is greener on.... (you know the rest)

A pharmacist or family practioner..... Oh yeah, those career are much better than dentistry. They make more money, work less hours, and have much more variety. Counting pills and doing rectal exams would never get boring. :laugh:

impuny said:
I don't know about that... I used my med school letters and it worked just fine. I got in with a couple scholarships. But I may have just been lucky.

just curious...what were your stats? gpa? dat?

just wanted to thank everybody for posting thier responses and advice...i wasn't expecting all this....(im a novice at posting, as you can prob tell)

maybe ill get a better response now after sayin a lil more about myself...I have a 3.4 cum and 3.4 science...like i said earlier, got a 27 (only took it once) and no, i'm not "copping out" if that's what some of you think, i got a 31,33,33 on my practice tests, so i def have the potential to do better....here are my reasons for switching:

(1) have worked at clinics/hospitals since highschool (7+years) in various settings: hospice centers, ER clinics, ER dept at hospitals, orthopedic dept at hospitals. In short, can't imagine spending more time with patients than my own wife/kids (whenever that happens) - family is very important to me

(2) i love helping others (very cliche, i know, but very true), but, again, want to have a life of my own

(3) can't leave the field of medicine because I just can't imagine myself doing anything else - i have been emersed in this stuff since highschool - after all my experiences (i have also worked at a consulting firm and have taught math/english to highschool kids) i believe this is it for me

(4) when it comes to ego....thats where my problem lies...and i know some of you cant admit it, but i am....i guess thats the only thing i really need to work on...

(5) turning point - when my gf's cousin, who grad from drexel, now doing residency in neurology at g-town, told me if she could go back and do it again..would most prob do dentisry - why? because: more money for the hours you work, and more time you can spend with your family/friends/having a life - like i said earlier...family is very imp to me

I think after all this thinking and writing this post, I realized that unless you REALLY TRULY have a SINCERE passion for medicine, and i mean passion...and ure not doing it b/c parents say so, b/c monetary benefit, or b/c ego....u shouldnt go into medicine, at least not until our health system changes for the better (so u can estimate that to be... not in our lifetime)

anyway...thanks again for all your advice...goodluck to you all

ssa915 said:
(2) i love helping others (very cliche, i know, but very true), but, again, want to have a life of my own
I second that! corny but true. I think that most of us who are in the health care profession because we like helping others with the exception that some do it simply just for themselves, don't give a crap about others.
I think as a dentist we can volunteer our services helping others more often than a physician can.

ssa915 said:
(4) when it comes to ego....thats where my problem lies...and i know some of you cant admit it, but i am....i guess thats the only thing i really need to work on...
I admit it! One of the reasons that I have chosen to enter the healthcare profession is the job/financial security, autonomy, helping others and last but not least ego (not everyone gets to be a doctor when they grow up :D )

ssa915 said:
(5) turning point - when my gf's cousin, who grad from drexel, now doing residency in neurology at g-town, told me if she could go back and do it again..would most prob do dentisry - why? because: more money for the hours you work, and more time you can spend with your family/friends/having a life - like i said earlier...family is very imp to me
I wouldn't put too much faith in what she said! Sure, she thinks about dentistry (during tough time in med school/residency) but does she really mean it?! I doubt it! You think that people in Neuro don't have ego?!

My interest up until 2nd yr in undergrad was reconstructive surgery. I knew that I would be very good at it. But when I thought about the long long long road ahead to achieve that goal, I didn't think that I want to spend the next 7-9yrs in school/residency. Family was also an important deciding factor.
Then I found my interest in dentistry through volunteering, missionary trips. I applied to dental school without really knowing how much a dentist can make! All the dentists that I know didn't have fancy cars or big houses!
But when I stumbled onto road blocks, politics, the worst type of patients on earth in dental school, I often thought about my first interest, I don't want to say regret but very close to it!, and wish that I had followed it through! (sure it'll be much tougher but at least that's my first love! :) )
Now that I'm close to being a dentist [still waiting for the license to practice (or to kill! :) )] I feel that I'm fortunate to be in the dentistry profession. Cliche but I know that I've found my calling!

ssa915 said:
(3) can't leave the field of medicine because I just can't imagine myself doing anything else - i have been emersed in this stuff since highschool - after all my experiences (i have also worked at a consulting firm and have taught math/english to highschool kids) i believe this is it for me

I think after all this thinking and writing this post, I realized that unless you REALLY TRULY have a SINCERE passion for medicine, and i mean passion...and ure not doing it b/c parents say so, b/c monetary benefit, or b/c ego....u shouldnt go into medicine, at least not until our health system changes for the better (so u can estimate that to be... not in our lifetime)

anyway...thanks again for all your advice...goodluck to you all

It's true for every profession. If you don't really enjoy or have the "passion" for the chosen profession then going through dental/med, etc... school will definitely sucks! It'll just get worse once you start practicing/working! Sure you might get bored doing the same thing over and over but at least you're bored doing what you like not something you don't care much for!
I think that most of the sucsessful folks love what they do and they work hard at it.

lnn2 said:
The wife (dental hygienist) is full of it! One of the good things of having been through 4yrs of dental school is that I can smell BS from miles away!
99% of dental hygienists do not have a B.S. or B.A degree upon entering dental school (not that there's anything wrong with it!). So to say that she would go into Pharm ( short length of school? it's 3-4yrs program! hygiene is 2 yrs! It can't be any shorter than that! ) or Family Med (yeah, uh huh, right!) is a total crap. The requirements for a doctorate program is more stringent than hygiene program. Man, if she could go back to school, she wish that she was accepted into dental school! Give me a break!
Uhm, okay... then she's just crazy for putting her pride aside and saying she wouldn't go into her husband's job (dentistry) because he hates it. That's very funny you would think that.

Inn2 said:
I don't want to treat the people who dread to see me or who don't want to be treated! I refer them out to dental school! It's not my problem that they don't care about their oral health. If his back hurts then maybe he's bending over way too much! maybe it's time for an early retirement! Ever heard of exercise, staying in shape?!
That's interesting ... make sure to put that memo on your secretary's desk " If patient dreads going to the dentist - please send to local dental school for treatment - I do not want to treat him/her" You will be a very successful dentist I can see. By the way, this is your first time hearing of dentists with back problems? You're in for a surprise!

Inn2 said:
I think as a dentist we can volunteer our services helping others more often than a physician can.
Think again. The physician is helping others pretty much during all working hours - regardless of whether it is volunteer or paid work. But I guess the word volunteer makes you feel better.

Inn2 said:
I admit it! One of the reasons that I have chosen to enter the healthcare profession is the job/financial security, autonomy, helping others and last but not least ego (not everyone gets to be a doctor when they grow up )

And you give PreDentJennifer hell for going into it when she has an existing pratice to take over? What a joke. You're going into it for financial security, automony, EGO and "helping others" :laugh: By the way, don't you mean " not everyone gets to be a "dentist" when they grow up" ? I think when they say " I want to be a doctor when I grow up " they are referring to a physician. Not dentist, phd, psyd, pharmacist, podiatrist, etc. I just hate to see someone stroke their ego the way you do. To me, after gathering your posts, it seems like you're trying very hard to compensate for an ego that may have taken a hit when you switched from medicine to dentistry and I'm sorry that wills stay with you forever. Just my 2 1/2 cents.

except for GonnaBeAnMD's post, this thread turned out quite nice! :laugh:

GonnaBeAnMD said:
Think again. The physician is helping others pretty much during all working hours - regardless of whether it is volunteer or paid work. But I guess the word volunteer makes you feel better.

Huh?

GonnaBeAnMD said:
...What a joke. You're going into it for financial security, automony, EGO and "helping others" :laugh: By the way, don't you mean " not everyone gets to be a "dentist" when they grow up" ? I think when they say " I want to be a doctor when I grow up " they are referring to a physician. Not dentist, phd, psyd, pharmacist, podiatrist, etc. I just hate to see someone stroke their ego the way you do...Just my 2 1/2 cents

Grow up, troll.

This is pretty typical of your other posts. Arrogant, loud, and know-it-all. And all this from a little snit who's still in college. You'll get much farther in life if you learn to keep your mouth shut until you know what you're talking about. Just my 2 1/2 cents.

GonnaBeAnMD said:
By the way, don't you mean " not everyone gets to be a "dentist" when they grow up" ?
Thanks for correcting me, here ya go
potentialcopy1dx.jpg

GonnaBeAnMD said:
Just my 2 1/2 cents.
2 and 1/2 that's cute! very original! just keep that to yourself or better yet, shove it! Oh, don't forget to use vaseline! :D Or if you prefer quarters, I have a whole role of it! :D

I were going to respone to your post but after I found out that you're JUST a PREMED. (That's what they call clueless, full of zits undergrad now huh! :D )
nahhh, forget it! I'm just wasting my time with " A LITTLE SNIT WHO'S STILL IN COLLEGE"

GonnaBeAnMD! really!!! what a joke!!! don't you have to finish skool first? Everyone is a Premed and GonnaBeAnMD these days....until reality slaps them on the face! :rolleyes:

Little snit who's still in college should know when to keep his mouth shut, listen and learn about HUMILITY!!!

lnn2 said:
2 and 1/2 that's cute! very original! just keep that to yourself or better yet, shove it! Oh, don't forget to use vaseline! :D Or if you prefer quarters, I have a whole role of it! :D

I were going to respone to your post but after I found out that you're JUST a PREMED. (That's what they call clueless, full of zits undergrad now huh! :D )
nahhh, forget it! I'm just wasting my time with " A LITTLE SNIT WHO'S STILL IN COLLEGE"

GonnaBeAnMD! really!!! what a joke!!! don't you have to finish skool first? Everyone is a Premed and GonnaBeAnMD these days....until reality slaps them on the face! :rolleyes:

Little snit who's still in college should know when to keep his mouth shut, listen and learn about HUMILITY!!!

Preach on with your b.s.! Perhaps some pre-DENTS will fall for it :laugh:

P.S. sorry I hit your soft spot

GonnaBeAnMD said:
Preach on with your b.s.! Perhaps some pre-DENTS will fall for it :laugh:

P.S. sorry I hit your soft spot
posthelppaperclip7fi.jpg

Actually I think pre-DENTS know a lot more than you! It's obviously a fact! :D

Listen to my FREE advice
limitationscopy2no.jpg

and don't make me do this to ya

dentistsm0kn.jpg

txdent2be2007 said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Awesome..."potential"!!!

:laugh: :laugh:
Thank you! Thank you!
I'm here all week folks! Don't forget to tip the waitress! <Rim shot> :)