Med Students at ARRO Events?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

catachip

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm registering for ASTRO now and I'm wondering, are med students welcome at the ARRO events? Would it even be worthwhile to attend any of them? I'm an M3 applying to Rad Onc and will be presenting a poster at the meeting. For example, the Seminar, Luncheon, Meet-the-Professor breakfast thing. I want to take advantage of the opportunity if it's applicable, but don't want to be the weirdo med student there.

Also, my poster presentation time is during the med student/resident meet-and-greet on Monday... nuts.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

but don't want to be the weirdo med student there.

That made me lol, Definitely never wanna be the wierdo medstudent :p

I think it's fine if you attend, though I really don't think the ARRO seminar would be beneficial since it's mostly talking about job contracts and benefits of fellowship. It's more beneficial for senior residents. It's always good to meet the professors though. Remember it's a small field so the more people you know, the better :) Congrats on the abstract!

Eh I wouldn't go -- really nothing there of interest for medical students, you'd likely be crazy bored. Plus you'd be at risk for throwing off some strong weirdo med student vibes.