Medical malpractice:international elective

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JD028

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi can anyone tell me how to get medical malpractice for a 2 week international elective. I am a PGY 2 FP resident and want to see how primary care practices do it in England.

Can anyone please help me out and how to do this!

Thanks so much:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I am not sure about the query.

However, you can try searching on http://www.direct.gov.uk/ and I am sure you will find plenty of useful information related to Medical Malpractice.

What hospital are you looking at and how are you going about this process? You might be able to work out a program exchange kind of thing with another training program over there. Either way the place you are going to be working ought to have some idea how to help you as well, so emailing them might be a good idea. When I was trying to do something similar through my residency program a couple years ago, it looked like my role would be more like a visiting medical student than a practicing physician due to international lisensing stuff. It may not be ideal, but should still give you some clinical experience and see how things are done in a nationalized system.