medical marijuana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Is it true that this is legal in California? What the heck! when did this sneak past congress? I have some people that I work with that are crazy over hearing this and told me...I didn't believe it....anyone care to shed some light?

LUDACRIS

Members don't see this ad.

its true. Get card from your dr. saying u need it and you can walk into shops and buy it

yup, this is true...but i'm not speaking from experience. but i've seen a few people's cards, look like a driver's license. It's a get high license.

Members don't see this ad :)
good lord i can not believe that, well thanks for the sdn follow up. That's so crazy!

theta...you can have the stuff delivered to your house in SF if you have your "green" card lol

Great, now your posts will make even less with you being high all the time after the move to Oakland :rolleyes:

Is it true that this is legal in California? What the heck! when did this sneak past congress? I have some people that I work with that are crazy over hearing this and told me...I didn't believe it....anyone care to shed some light?

LUDACRIS

There is still the issue that, while legal under state law, use and trafficking of marijuana is illegal under federal law. You can still be prosecuted federally.

There was recently an initiative that didn't make it out of committee in the IA state senate. I was supporting it, since we have little knowledge of its effect on painful diabetic peripheral neuropathy. It may prove to be a good adjunct in this difficult to treat condition.

LOL, where have you been Theta?
Medical marijuana is legal in California and twelve other states! Oakland has been nicknamed “Oaksterdam” due to the high number of marijuana dispensaries in the city.
If that blows your mind consider that assisted suicide is now legal in two or three states now.
No worries though we should all stick to feet.

There is still the issue that, while legal under state law, use and trafficking of marijuana is illegal under federal law. You can still be prosecuted federally.

There was recently an initiative that didn't make it out of committee in the IA state senate. I was supporting it, since we have little knowledge of its effect on painful diabetic peripheral neuropathy. It may prove to be a good adjunct in this difficult to treat condition.

let me get this straight, one can prescribe medical marijuana for foot diabetic problems?

LOL, where have you been Theta?
Medical marijuana is legal in California and twelve other states! Oakland has been nicknamed “Oaksterdam” due to the high number of marijuana dispensaries in the city.
If that blows your mind consider that assisted suicide is now legal in two or three states now.

assisted suicide legal?! man where HAVE I been, that's insane. Interesting to know though. It's crazy to see how much changes all the time.

theta...you can have the stuff delivered to your house in SF if you have your "green" card lol

Great, now your posts will make even less with you being high all the time after the move to Oakland :rolleyes:

Does anyone else think that this is nuts?

lol read what i wrote though I am shocked at it being legal im def not the type to use it! yikes! after all I am trying to pass podiatry school :p that would be a dumb move

Happy cannabis day Theta -- :confused:multiple posts !!!one111!!! Did you read the New York Times article?

Members don't see this ad :)
CavePod said:

ThetaChiNAU1856 said:
assisted suicide legal?!

Being the torchbearer for all things Politically Correct, I have to ask that you stop using that term. In the Northwest we call it "Death with Dignity" :rolleyes:

Assisted suicide just sounds too Kevorkian...

Being the torchbearer for all things Politically Correct, I have to ask that you stop using that term. In the Northwest we call it "Death with Dignity" :rolleyes:

Assisted suicide just sounds too Kevorkian...

good lord settle down, just call it what it is :p

Theta are you high or what? ;) :laugh:

I posted a NY Times link under the header "Legalization strides". Scroll up to my first post and you'll see it. It is pretty informative.

enough with the high jokes lol thats ridiculous...how do you think I made it into pod school -hint it doesnt involve getting high-....?

anyways I didn't scroll up im busy with work ill read it later darling

enough with the high jokes lol thats ridiculous...how do you think I made it into pod school -hint it doesnt involve getting high-....?

anyways I didn't scroll up im busy with work ill read it later darling

Are you flirting with me now?:sleep:

It looks as if Atty. General Holder is changing the attitude the federal govt. will have when looking at medical marijuana. http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-medpot19-2009mar19,0,4987571.story
While it is still illegal and you still can be prosecuted federally, it doesn't look as if they will be spending much time hunting down users who use "legally" in states where it is legal

It looks as if Atty. General Holder is changing the attitude the federal govt. will have when looking at medical marijuana. http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-medpot19-2009mar19,0,4987571.story
While it is still illegal and you still can be prosecuted federally, it doesn't look as if they will be spending much time hunting down users who use "legally" in states where it is legal

Yes, it seems like the trend is gradually shifting towards this. The controversies surrounding the legalization raise many questions.

quote:

Originally posted by Royaltee
I hope Theta is a girl

I hope so too because I'm a dude :scared:

Last edited:
Yes, it seems like the trend is gradually shifting towards this. The controversies surrounding the legalization raise many questions.

quote:

Originally posted by Royaltee
I hope Theta is a girl

I hope so too because I'm a dude :scared:

hahaha im a guy... cant believe the homophobes on here. Me and my girlfriend read this and laughed :) so thanks for that

So, switching course a little, what is everyones opinion on medical marijuana? They are starting a ballot initiative here in Arizona to legalize medical marijuana (this is the 4th time, the last 3 times failed), so I have been wondering about it. There are a lot of different issues that it brings up like smartman716 said. Any thoughts??

I think the legalization issue in Arizona has a whole 'nother side that other states don't have to deal and that's the issue of its effects on the already ungodly number of illegal immigrants in the state...not gonna touch that for now.

I honestly think that marijuana is beneficial for many patients who legitimately suffer from chronic pain. However, I have buddies in the Bay area and have witnessed first hand the abuse that stems from legalization. I don't think our government (at any level) has the resources to properly monitor it, but that being said I'd hate to deny those in real need because of a few goons who are cheating the system to get their weed legally.

My 2 cents...oh, and to clarify the above paragraph "I never inhaled"