Medical Schools Abroad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dhooy7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are some of the cheapest medical schools abroad? I am from the USA, but want to save money and find a good program. I don't know if I would practice in that country or move back. I kind of want to see how living in another country is. Plus, the experiences. I'm Catholic and a vegan as well. I thought about being a plant based doctor.

What are some medical schools outside the USA you would recommend? Whats the tuition? And what are the admission requirements? Are there any countries that just go off GPA? I do horrible on standardized tests. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Plant based non-US doctor? I have just the thing.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What are some of the cheapest medical schools abroad? I am from the USA, but want to save money and find a good program. I don't know if I would practice in that country or move back. I kind of want to see how living in another country is. Plus, the experiences. I'm Catholic and a vegan as well. I thought about being a plant based doctor.

What are some medical schools outside the USA you would recommend? Whats the tuition? And what are the admission requirements? Are there any countries that just go off GPA? I do horrible on standardized tests. Any advice?

Have you seriously considered the profession? From what you've written here I recommend naturopathy rather than medicine for you. Not that I believe in ND really

Google is your friend. Consider atlantic bridge program?

I have considered naturopathy before but don't believe in it anymore. Homeopathy doesn't work. Its the placebo effect when it does

Also, thank you for the suggestion, but I'm not into botany really.

I have seriously considered the profession.

Dr. Greger has had a big influence on me. He has a great website: http://nutritionfacts.org/. It is science based as well and he has no conflicts of interest like Dr. Mercola.

Maybe you should consider becoming a nutritionist? You'll find a lot of resistance and many years of unhappiness of you go into medicine since medical school and residency are going to be very pharmaceutical based and you'll receive a lot of flack/chiding if you believe strongly in natural or plant based medicine. Of course if you are saying you want to investigate plants for pharmaceutical purposes that is different, but if you are leaning to the sort of alternative spectrum you might find medicine unwelcoming.