Medical Schools in the Northeast

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mike43s

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to be a junior biology major this upcoming fall at penn state and i was starting to look into medical schools. I didn't know which schools to begin looking into, figuring it would be useless to waste time looking at schools I could never get into. I have a GPA of a little over 3.7 and have a decent amount of extracurriculars (I plan on getting more involved with organizations and research this school year). I would like to go to medical school somewhere in the northeast (preferably a city, like New York City or Boston). Any suggestions on which I should look into (please suggest more than just city schools though)?

Members don't see this ad.

I am going to be a junior biology major this upcoming fall at penn state and i was starting to look into medical schools. I didn't know which schools to begin looking into, figuring it would be useless to waste time looking at schools I could never get into. I have a GPA of a little over 3.7 and have a decent amount of extracurriculars (I plan on getting more involved with organizations and research this school year). I would like to go to medical school somewhere in the northeast (preferably a city, like New York City or Boston). Any suggestions on which I should look into (please suggest more than just city schools though)?

Posing this question is pretty useless without an MCAT score. Advice would vary greatly depending on that. It's one thing if you get a 39, another if you get a 33, another if you get a 29, and completely different if you get a 23.

Posing this question is pretty useless without an MCAT score. Advice would vary greatly depending on that. It's one thing if you get a 39, another if you get a 33, another if you get a 29, and completely different if you get a 23.

assume a 33, what do you think?

Members don't see this ad :)
theres a cool book called the MSAR. You have a brain, use it.

Geez way to be a douche. This is why everyone hates SDN. Sure he could've looked at the MSAR, but I don't see what's so hard about just taking 30 seconds to answer his question.