Medical schools outside CA that like UC Berkeley

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hi Everyone,

I know that some medical schools like (or at least seem to like according to the statistics) to take students from certain universities. Do you know what non-CA schools like taking UC Berkeley students?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think your GPA and MCAT are much better predictors of whether or not a school will take you than the name of your undergraduate institution, unless your undergrad also has its own medical school that favors its own students. UC Berkeley doesn't have that though.

Reactions: 1 users
There is no medical school that specifically likes or dislikes UC Berkeley.
Work hard, study hard, show that you are worthy of a medical school acceptance through your grades - not because of where you went to school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Most schools really dig qualified Berkeley grads. Ohio State has a lot of them, and Michigan seems to interview a lot of them.

Reactions: 1 user
I was interviewing at Case Western and the dean specifically told me they loved Berkeley applicants and quite a few of their students are from UC Berkeley. I don't know if there are stats to back this up?

The UC System is very well respected.

Reactions: 1 user