Medical students graduating early to combat COVID19

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Fix the link bruh.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If they cannot start residency early too it doesn’t matter

Reactions: 1 users
My understsanding is that our hospitals will be hiring the grads to help out. Mass is giving them fast tracked 90 day limited licenses.
If they will be supervised as residents then I guess it works out.

It could get much more... Unregulated... As the situation develops
That’s my concern. I don’t care what’s happening, minting a bunch of unsupervised ms4s is not an appropriate response. Either they are appropriately led by an attending or they shouldn’t be there

That’s my concern. I don’t care what’s happening, minting a bunch of unsupervised ms4s is not an appropriate response. Either they are appropriately led by an attending or they shouldn’t be there
But I thought the free market should decide whether they should work or not, and there is a doctor shortage

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
But I thought the free market should decide whether they should work or not, and there is a doctor shortage
If we’re gonna go free market enough (and the govt is going to tell us we’re on our own to determine the qualifications of our caregivers) to decide any pizza guy or cma can also order meds and run a floor? Then fine

But if the patient population is showing up at the hospital with the (claimed by govt) expectation that only those who are appropriately trained will be directing their care, then no the govt doesn’t get to drop the ball and say an unsupervised ms4 is ready because they are lying to the patient when they claim to protect them

I’m fine with either