Army Medical wavier question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GAAA

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm being commissioned as a physician at 37y/o into the army. My question is regarding the medical wavier process. The short version is my recruiter sent my papers to central command and I was rejected for a medical problem I had a few years ago. She then sent the papers to an "army surgeon" who cleared my condition and requested 3 blood pressure measurements and they sent my papers back.

I guess my question is: does being cleared by the "army surgeon" mean I got the wavier or could my application still be rejected because of the same medical problem? (just to clarify, I don't have the medical problem anymore)

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I'm being commissioned as a physician at 37y/o into the army. My question is regarding the medical wavier process. The short version is my recruiter sent my papers to central command and I was rejected for a medical problem I had a few years ago. She then sent the papers to an "army surgeon" who cleared my condition and requested 3 blood pressure measurements and they sent my papers back.

I guess my question is: does being cleared by the "army surgeon" mean I got the wavier or could my application still be rejected because of the same medical problem? (just to clarify, I don't have the medical problem anymore)

Thank you

Yup, I think you're cleared. I was in the same process myself before another option opened up for me.

Reactions: 1 user
Yup, I think you're cleared. I was in the same process myself before another option opened up for me.

Thx PGunner for responding.

The recruiter told me today that my wavier is "at the Surgeon General's office" waiting for a response. Is that just routine procedure?

Cheers
G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Thx PGunner for responding.

The recruiter told me today that my wavier is "at the Surgeon General's office" waiting for a response. Is that just routine procedure?

Cheers
G

Yeah, it's pretty standard. It will get signed in a couple of days or weeks.

It's been 5 weeks, still waiting for the waiver approval. Don't know if there is anything I need to do or just wait it out!!!
Could they be just holding it