Medicine in English in Italy - admission exam dates are out

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alex9913

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm Alex, and I am a 5th year medical student in the English medical program in Pavia - a small University town near Milan.

You probably already know about the low tuition fees, living cost and good level in Italian Universities as well as their new English medical degree programs but if you don't, check out medschool.it for info.

Several days ago the Italian ministry of education has published that the IMAT test for 2014 will be held on April 29, which means you have just enough time if you start to prepare soon. This test was held in 20 locations around the world last year and costed just around 150 Euro, it is the only thing you need to pass to get to study medicine there so it would be a shame to not give it a try..

The classes are very international and there are guys from UK, USA, Ireland and many european countries as well, just to tell you that people are willingly leaving their home for a degree in those spots.

Good luck in preparation, you can find some info and help in the website above.
Alex

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey Alex,

I have a question on the IMAT 2014, as I'm considering to register for the test this year. Did you only Register for the test itself or do you need to register on the Websites of the universities too?
I'm very interested in the medical studies at Pavia and hope that you can answer my questions.

Thanks!

Do you really just have to take the IMAT and don't have anything else, no matter where you from? Because I am an European student that has a USA High School diploma and APs, but i read on a website that if you have the US HSD you have to have a Bachelor as well to get into Medical school in Italy?
Does anyone know if the IMAT for this year and the "normal" secondary school diploma is enough?
And does somebody know when the IMAT registration for this year might open up?

Members don't see this ad :)
As far as I know the only thing you need is a secondary high School diploma to study at the universities, because that is the only Thing I needed to turn in.
And the IMAT Registration is already opened up, untill march 11th. Just go to the Website www.universitaly.com and you can register for medicine and surgery studies in the english language.

Thanks, Joana, thats a relieve.
I was already on that side before i found this forum and tried to register, but its not working, they was say its an invalid date for some reason, and since the page i click on to get to the registration says 2013 still i would guess that they mean that date, since all of may dates are correct and should work.

i am not familiar with he current admissions policy coz i studied medicine many years ago..at the university of bologna, all the exams were oral and in italian..i now practice in livorno..if you need any information about the curriculum or antything else..reply......

Hi! I'm graduating this June my high school, and i'm interested in studying medicine in Italy in English... because I am in an English school... but the date for the exam has passed so this means i won't be able to go in Italy? i will have to wait for next year??

Hey, I am a non EU student studying in the 12th grade. I would like to know as to which site do I have to refer for the Imat dates for the university of pavia. I had read on some other site that the imat takes place in September. Also, i plan to take the test in english. I would also like to know the level of difficulty of the entrance test. I would be joining the university in 2016 and not 2015.
Please do help. :)

Reactions: 1 user