meharry omfs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ironlung

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone know anything about this program?
what about any other omfs residencies that are 'easier' to get into?

Members don't see this ad.

where are the omfs 'studs' at? anyone with info?

This thread makes me sick. Why don't you call up the program directors and ask them. C'mon man, by easy to get into do you mean those programs that suck? In which case, why would you want to go there?

Members don't see this ad :)
my friend...you make me sick. dont you think that i have already contacted them. there are just certain questions that you cant ask an administrator from a program...especially on the phone. btw, by 'easy' i dont mean programs that suck, but rather, those that tend to have easier reqs. to get in. get it. good.
now offer some useful info!

Specialty programs aren't like getitng into dental school. There are none that accept lower criterea because they want to give the longshot a chance at specializing. There are those programs who get fewer applicants because they are not well known or no one wants to go to those programs. I take offence to that question because that is a horrible attitude to have about trying to specialize. No oms resident on this forum will give you any respect for asking a question like that.

see you can offer something worthwhile...thank you. as for getting the respect of omfs residents on this site...not one of my priorities.

I interviewed at Meharry two years ago for their OMFS program. By no means is that program lowers or accepts people with low grades. The program is an excellent program where you will learn full scope oral and maxillofacial surgery.

Reactions: 1 user
could you elaborate more on your interview experience?

First you have the traditional coffee, dognuts breakfest type of thing just to get to know the other applicants and residents. Dr. Bennett has everyone introduce themselves and then gives an overview of the program Then one by one you are called in for the interviews. The first one you are in a room with about seven people Attendings, and the Chief Resident and they just ask you questions after questions. In no way where they malignant. Basically seeing why you want to go to OMFS, what have you done to know that you will like the field, what do you know about MMC, any research or externships that you did. Then you are taken over to Dept of Anesthesia where you are interviewed one on one. Basically, the interview at MMC was very informative and good.

Reactions: 1 user