Meharry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2quik

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone call and figure out whatsup with the 'offer declined' deal?

Members don't see this ad.

I suspect someone at Meharry may not know what they are doing. Before it said "application declined" then for the past 2 months it said "currently "reveiewing" application," Finally now it says "offer declined..." I think they just aren't sure what's going on ;) I received a rejection letter, so I know where I stand personally and mine still says that I refused their offer.

I got the same thing. It says that I withdrew after they made an offer??? What the heck? Are they trying to rub it in?

Not nice!

Members don't see this ad :)
Meharry says: Offer Declined Applicant withdrew from school after acceptance.

Does this mean that we are rejected? Iam not getting what this means?:eek:

I dunno! i do know that on monday we'll have hell of time trying to get through to get to the buttom of this.
It sounds like instead of rejection they put "applicant declined". But that's not very optomistic, instead let's just hope we are all getting in! anyone knows if they accept without interviews?

i think it pretty much means we are rejected.

I think the rejected people (like me) received a letter a while back via mail. It was in Sept or early Oct I think. But yes, my AADSAS has been updated to "offer declined...applicant withdrew from school after acceptance." I was rejected, not accepted unless someone made a HUGE typo ;) You may be safe if you havent received a letter yet.

I definitely got the impression (from the letter, time it was sent and previous knowledge of the school) that they are looking for a VERY select population. It seems you have to EXACTLY fit their criteria regarding a narrow GPA rage, narrow DAT range, age range and racial range. I don't know anyone through my experiences that has gotten an interview there except for one 25 y/o african american woman with a 3.2 GPA or something like that.

I definitely got the impression (from the letter, time it was sent and previous knowledge of the school) that they are looking for a VERY select population. It seems you have to EXACTLY fit their criteria regarding a narrow GPA rage, narrow DAT range, age range and racial range. I don't know anyone through my experiences that has gotten an interview there except for one 25 y/o african american woman with a 3.2 GPA or something like that.

I got an interview there. Mine is next Friday. I am a 21 y/o african american woman with a 2.9 GPA, 18 DAT. So I really don't know if they are looking for a certain type of person.

This is what I got from their EMAIL response.

"There was a system glitch for decisions uploaded from Meharry onto the AADSAS Portal on Friday, December 1, 2006. We are working to correct this problem and hope that you will be able to view the "correct" decision response by next week. In addition, a letter that contains your official decision from the Dental Admissions Committee is in the mail. You should expect this letter within the coming week.
If you do not receive your letter, please e-mail Ms. Connolly at [email protected].
Include your full name, AADSAS ID and current mailing address.
We apologize for any miscommunication.

Meharry Medical College
Office of Dental Admissions"

2.9 and 18. Congrats.