Memorang App

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kderekb

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with Memorang? It seems to be First Aid in multiple choice format with over 10,000 questions. I'm a MS1 right now but it seems like it would be useful and more convenient than Firecracker and it's a lot cheaper ($50 one time fee). I am thinking about getting it and using it as a question bank to test myself for upcoming exams. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I like it, it's way easier to use than firecracker, and is easy to create your own cards. Ever try to create cards in Firecracker? It's easier to pull your own teeth! And as you pointed out, it is WAY less expensive than Firecracker

I use it for personal flash cards. I'm a vet student and they don't have NAVLE cards (yet). That being said, I love the spaced repetition and the different modes. The mobile app is great as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bump. Perhaps there's more to say about this product now. I'm on the fence of buying it as a first year

Update:

I'm a huge fan of their (free) create-your-own flashcards, as @DoReMiFaSo can attest. I think I've converted 75% of our pharmacology book to memorang sets at this point. I really like their USMLE products as well-- they don't cover EVERYTHING you need to know for boards, but it's a good overview of what's in First Aid, and it's a really useful way to cram those rote memorization details (looking at you, WBC cancer translocations) into your head. They just realized 2.0, and the format is much prettier than it used to be and it has some nice new features. Multiple "game" modes are coming soon, which is fun; the game mode they had previously is gone, and was my primary motivator for studying pharmacology after midnight.

I'm not sure if the paid subscription has a lot of utility for a first year, but since it's a lifetime subscription, you might as well buy it now if you think you might want it. I'm not sure but I think there's a discount right now because too the recent upgrade to 2.0. For clarification, I wouldn't say Memorang's competing with Firecracker-- it's more flashcards by subject than spaced repetition. It's more similar to the USMLERx fast facts (for the paid subscription) and Anki or Study Blue (for the free part).

Full disclosure: I'm a Memorang Advocate, but I don't get anything from them for posts like this or doing anything other than organizing discounts for my own classmates.

Reactions: 2 users
Update:

I'm a huge fan of their (free) create-your-own flashcards, as @DoReMiFaSo can attest. I think I've converted 75% of our pharmacology book to memorang sets at this point. I really like their USMLE products as well-- they don't cover EVERYTHING you need to know for boards, but it's a good overview of what's in First Aid, and it's a really useful way to cram those rote memorization details (looking at you, WBC cancer translocations) into your head. They just realized 2.0, and the format is much prettier than it used to be and it has some nice new features. Multiple "game" modes are coming soon, which is fun; the game mode they had previously is gone, and was my primary motivator for studying pharmacology after midnight.

I'm not sure if the paid subscription has a lot of utility for a first year, but since it's a lifetime subscription, you might as well buy it now if you think you might want it. I'm not sure but I think there's a discount right now because too the recent upgrade to 2.0. For clarification, I wouldn't say Memorang's competing with Firecracker-- it's more flashcards by subject than spaced repetition. It's more similar to the USMLERx fast facts (for the paid subscription) and Anki or Study Blue (for the free part).

Full disclosure: I'm a Memorang Advocate, but I don't get anything from them for posts like this or doing anything other than organizing discounts for my own classmates.

Pretty sure I just figured out who you are :p - I used (what I assume) are your sets for a bit but I disliked how memorang didn't tell you how many more cards you have for the day so I went back to team Anki.

Pretty sure I just figured out who you are :p - I used (what I assume) are your sets for a bit but I disliked how memorang didn't tell you how many more cards you have for the day so I went back to team Anki.
You can now set daily goals (50-1000).

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

You can now set daily goals (50-1000).

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I know but there's no where the amount of control that Anki offers w/ intervals, steps, ease, lapses, etc. I also prefer the tagging system of Anki - to each their own - if you want one overall solid system without too much flexibility I think memorang is the way to go. Also if you like collaborating it's pretty good. I personally enjoy the higher customizability and overall style of Anki. Oh and image occlusions are pretty great.

I know but there's no where the amount of control that Anki offers w/ intervals, steps, ease, lapses, etc. I also prefer the tagging system of Anki - to each their own - if you want one overall solid system without too much flexibility I think memorang is the way to go. Also if you like collaborating it's pretty good. I personally enjoy the higher customizability and overall style of Anki. Oh and image occlusions are pretty great.

Anki offers pre-made USMLE notecards/modules? or is it just an interface for inputing your own information?

Anki offers pre-made USMLE notecards/modules? or is it just an interface for inputing your own information?

Mostly interface, there's Brosencephalon's Deck for Step I floating around which has about 15,000 cards including pathoma/pharm and has gone through several revisions.

Mostly interface, there's Brosencephalon's Deck for Step I floating around which has about 15,000 cards including pathoma/pharm and has gone through several revisions.

Yeah I'm too lazy for that lol but many of my classmates use Anki and seem to like it

i like it and use during those mandatory days where we are lectured on non relevant things. good thing is that they always update their info