Men White Coat Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MPharm18

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, everyone.
My school is asking the pharmacy students to fill out a white coat sizing form. My option is either the small (34-36) or a medium (38-40). It says the sizes go by suit sizes, but I do not even know what my suit size is. All I know is that the numbers, measurements, correspond to chest size. My chest is around the medium size, 38-40 inches, but I am really short, only 5'3''.
I need help deciding to either take a medium, which might be too long, or go for the small, which might be too tight.

Members don't see this ad.

Go to a scrub shop and try them on. Alternatively, go to a department store and try on suit coats. Nicer department stores (Dillards, Macy's, etc) usually have someone in the mens department that can help you get the right size (or womens as is appropriate).

Also get a size that is the bigger of the two options, and then get it tailored. Also, White coats rarely look too long as styles vary widely in length.

Reactions: 1 user
Go to a scrub shop and try them on. Alternatively, go to a department store and try on suit coats. Nicer department stores (Dillards, Macy's, etc) usually have someone in the mens department that can help you get the right size (or womens as is appropriate).

Also get a size that is the bigger of the two options, and then get it tailored. Also, White coats rarely look too long as styles vary widely in length.

Thank you for your answer. :)
I leaning towards the medium, and getting it tailored if necessary. I was not aware that white coats were tailorable. Thanks again! :thumbup: