Mentioning a voided MCAT score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

majorlazer4196

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying for medical school and I have a COVID-19 secondary question for a school that is asking about my past in the pandemic that covered my MCAT studying. The awkward part of my background was that I voided my first MCAT attempt because I worried I did awful (I didn't answer the last 16 questions on CARS so it would've been a bad score) and I didn't want that score to reflect negatively on my application. It is my second MCAT attempt that is my first recorded attempt on AMCAS. Should I be honest and not hide my voided MCAT attempt from medical school admissions committees? Let me know what y'all think.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a COVID-19 secondary question for a school that is asking about my past in the pandemic that covered my MCAT studying. The awkward part of my background was that I voided my first MCAT attempt because I worried I did awful (I didn't answer the last 16 questions on CARS so it would've been a bad score)
The bolded has nothing to do with COVID. The question is asking about whether you had to cancel the MCAT due to COVID (or rather, did you miss out on test dates due to the pandemic?)

This also illustrates why there is a CARS section on the exam.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
The bolded has nothing to do with COVID. The question is asking about whether you had to cancel the MCAT due to COVID (or rather, did you miss out on test dates due to the pandemic?)

This also illustrates why there is a CARS section on the exam.
Oh nice, so I don't have to be so detailed and can just explain it just simply without diving further into it to prevent adcoms from being led to ask more questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh nice, so I don't have to be so detailed and can just explain it just simply without diving further into it to prevent adcoms from being led to ask more questions.
Adcoms don't know that you voided an MCAT. Why bother explaining something that doesn't need explaining???

• Hmm
Reactions: 7 users
Sounds like a good opportunity to leave the prompt blank if it's optional

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah this seems unnecessary - it's better to not draw a potential red flag to the front of your app! In general, it is better to never volunteer negatives on your app (or on interviews) unless it is unavoidable.

Reactions: 1 user