Mercy College DPT 2020-21 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

juslee23

Reaction score
Hi all!
For those who applied, was invited for an interview, accepted, or waitlisted to Mercy DPT: let's share how we do here.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! I had my interview on 11/30. Can you share any information about the program?
Well I'm an applicant also, so all the info I have is from an applicant's perspective. It seems like they have pretty much all the info on their website, except faculty info. BTW, their program is a semester longer since it's a weekend format, and their tuition cost is cery competitive.

Well I'm an applicant also, so all the info I have is from an applicant's perspective. It seems like they have pretty much all the info on their website, except faculty info. BTW, their program is a semester longer since it's a weekend format, and their tuition cost is cery competitive.
Thank you :)

Hey! Just wanted to know when did you apply? I guess I am submitting my application late compared to everyone else I heard of. I should by submitting my application by tomorrow night. I just wanted to see if anyone else is on the same track as me and how long did it take to hear back from them

Hey! Just wanted to know when did you apply? I guess I am submitting my application late compared to everyone else I heard of. I should by submitting my application by tomorrow night. I just wanted to see if anyone else is on the same track as me and how long did it take to hear back from them
Hey! I applied in early October and got invited in November for an interview.

hello! I applied by the jan 15th deadline and had an interview today. Is anyone else on the same boat?

hello! I applied by the jan 15th deadline and had an interview today. Is anyone else on the same boat?
Hello! I applied around same time and interviewed on Feb 2nd, so same boat we are in. The staff mentioned that the 2nd was the last round of interviews for the time period and that acceptances will be emailed around the week of the 15th, so we shall see.

Hello! I applied around same time and interviewed on Feb 2nd, so same boat we are in. The staff mentioned that the 2nd was the last round of interviews for the time period and that acceptances will be emailed around the week of the 15th, so we shall see.
Im so very nervous lol.. i guess we should find out this week our results.. but based on previous cycles, they had decisions being sent out until april so hopefully we dont have to wait too long. The waiting game is very stressful!

Anyone heard back yet? Also interviewed on Feb 2nd and also just patiently waiting :/

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard back two days ago (2/17) with an acceptance! I hope you get a good news as well!
That's great congratulations! I noticed that you applied last year as well. Did you make any changes/improvements to your application? Or do you think that your interview went better this time around? Thanks.

That's great congratulations! I noticed that you applied last year as well. Did you make any changes/improvements to your application? Or do you think that your interview went better this time around? Thanks.
Thanks!
Yes, after I was rejected the previous year, I retook some of my prerequisite courses and took additional unecessary science/psychology courses at a community college to bring up overall GPA as much as I can. Also, one of my three recommendation letters was from someone else, who I think wrote me a better one than the last year's. Further, I continued working at a hospital (both inpatient and outpatient departments) to improve my observation hours. Completely changed my PTCAS essays, and did the interview with new answers from last year's. So, I believe it was a success afterall, because in last application cycle I applied to 11 schools and rejected from all of them, while this year, I got accepted to 3 and waitlisted from 2 schools (and I had to decline two interviews because I was already overwhelmed).

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone heard back yet? Also interviewed on Feb 2nd and also just patiently waiting :/
Heyy! Did you hear back yet? its been crickets for me and February is almost finishing. Should we ask about a status update or should we just wait?

Congrats to those who got accepted btw @juslee23

Just had my interview yesterday! Now we wait.

I thought my nerves would be gone after the interview but now waiting for their decision is very stressful too.

Has anyone tried to reach out regarding decisions yet?

Haven't checked this in a while but I was accepted later that week after I posted =)

Waiting is definitely the toughest. I was prepared to apply again for the upcoming cycle right before I heard back so thsi was a very pleasant surprise. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone tried to reach out regarding decisions yet?
Heyy! When did you have your interview? And did you hear back from them yet?? April is around the corner and im so anxious because I havent heard back from them yet

Heyy! When did you have your interview? And did you hear back from them yet?? April is around the corner and im so anxious because I havent heard back from them yet
Hey I interviewed in early February and just received an acceptance e-mail on April 5!

Hey I interviewed in early February and just received an acceptance e-mail on April 5!
Congratsss! 🎉🎉
Just a quick question, while waiting for your acceptance, did you email them on a status update or did you just wait it out?

Congratsss! 🎉🎉
Just a quick question, while waiting for your acceptance, did you email them on a status update or did you just wait it out?
I just waited it out, because I had other acceptances although Mercy is my top choice. However, they did mention that you can email around April for an update because they know you may have to make a decision on other schools.

I just waited it out, because I had other acceptances although Mercy is my top choice. However, they did mention that you can email around April for an update because they know you may have to make a decision on other schools.
Since you have other acceptances also, may I ask the reasons why you think Mercy is your top choice? I am just curious.

Hey, just an update for anyone who was waiting to hear back. I just got an email about being waitlisted to the program. I hope this information is helpful to someone!

Since you have other acceptances also, may I ask the reasons why you think Mercy is your top choice? I am just curious.
Hey for me it is mainly location, and the weekend program that attracted me. I also know a couple of students in the program and they’ve spoke highly of it. The staff is also very active in APTA so I thought that was great too.

Anyone heard anything about the waitlist moving at all?

The waitlist is moving btw. I just got accepted! I wish the best of luck to you all!

Hey guys, I got accepted as well and set up my schedule for the fall. Are you guys attending the June orientation?

Was wait listed on June 3rd then got accepted June 16th! Will be there on Wednesday for orientation.