Discussion in 'Mental Health and Social Welfare' started by lola1155, 05.12.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. lola1155

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the MFT pogrram at USC. I got accepted for both MFT and MSW, and even though I have heard many great things about the MSW program; MFT is where my heart is. However, I am not able to find much information about their program, and esperically reviews. I do know that it's a relatively new program which may be why it's not "out there" as much as the MSW. I have talked to people who are currently in the program and they all have great experiences with it, but then again, they're biased. I had only applied to USC this year because I decided that I should wait until next year to start my Master's, but I had already submitted everything for USC. So, since I got accepted, I am now thinking if I should go for USC, or maybe wait until next year and apply to other places too, to have more choices. If I do wait, I would be applying to USC again, along with Pepperdine, Azusa Pacific, some Cal States, and possibly Antioch. If I can find some information and become confident that it actually is a good program, I wouldn't waste a year and maybe even risk getting in next year. If anyone knows anything about their program, please let me know! Thank you!
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. CaliMac

A friend went to the MSW, but you have already decided against that. I am just curious: do you plan to stay local w your degree? Since most of your schools are private, how do you plan to manage debt or are you privately funded?

I am researching schools now and would enjoy reading your perspective and rationale behind choice of schools.

About the ads