MFT at USC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lola1155

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the MFT pogrram at USC. I got accepted for both MFT and MSW, and even though I have heard many great things about the MSW program; MFT is where my heart is. However, I am not able to find much information about their program, and esperically reviews. I do know that it's a relatively new program which may be why it's not "out there" as much as the MSW. I have talked to people who are currently in the program and they all have great experiences with it, but then again, they're biased. I had only applied to USC this year because I decided that I should wait until next year to start my Master's, but I had already submitted everything for USC. So, since I got accepted, I am now thinking if I should go for USC, or maybe wait until next year and apply to other places too, to have more choices. If I do wait, I would be applying to USC again, along with Pepperdine, Azusa Pacific, some Cal States, and possibly Antioch. If I can find some information and become confident that it actually is a good program, I wouldn't waste a year and maybe even risk getting in next year. If anyone knows anything about their program, please let me know! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

A friend went to the MSW, but you have already decided against that. I am just curious: do you plan to stay local w your degree? Since most of your schools are private, how do you plan to manage debt or are you privately funded?

I am researching schools now and would enjoy reading your perspective and rationale behind choice of schools.