MGH IHP vs Missouri State U

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rundrewrun

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So currently I am in the process of choosing between these 2 programs. From what I’ve gather in these forums is the near universal opinion to choose the cheaper program(tuition and CoL) so long as the student outcomes are comparable.

I quite enjoyed my interview and tour for MSU, the faculty were friendly and the facility was quite nice. I was drawn to the program due to the cheap tuition cost and low CoL with generally good student outcomes.
MGH had no interview process, I was offered a nice 50K scholarship to help diminish that steep tutition cost, and the program’s last year is a payed internship for most of the students. I also heard MGH hold a very reputable name and offers great networking opportunities. CoL in Boston are atrocious though.

Any feedback on either of these programs would be greatly appreciated as well as any insight from Veteran PTs who have had to make choices between programs.

Members don't see this ad.

Interesting, when I began my journey in 2014, to my recollection, MGH offered me an interview . At any rate, I would 100% attend the cheaper school in an area with a more reasonable cost of living—without any hesitation whatsoever. The area you do your rotations will undoubtedly be where you get your first job so it is really good you’re considering cost of living now. Hindsight is 20/20–I attended a very expensive school where the cost of living is high. To put it mildly: if I could do it over again I would absolutely choose one of the cheaper programs to which I was accepted. As long as the passing rate on the NPTE is good for both schools do your future self a huge favor and choose MSU. Your income potential as a DPT does not justify the absurd school costs: it’s an issue the APTA absolutely must address but likely never will.