Michigan Intern Hours Requirement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wonger86

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there. First time poster. I'm graduating from the University of Iowa and have a job offer in Michigan. I know different states have different intern hour requirements required for licensure - what is the # of hours required in Michigan? I researched quite a bit and the answer I found was 1,000 hours, but I'm unsure if it's a credible source. And if it is 1,000 hours, does any accredited school program that provides greater or equal to 1,000 hours through the curriculum count? I decided not to work during school and thereby did not accrue any intern hours, so this is why I ask. Thanks much for the help. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there. First time poster. I'm graduating from the University of Iowa and have a job offer in Michigan. I know different states have different intern hour requirements required for licensure - what is the # of hours required in Michigan? I researched quite a bit and the answer I found was 1,000 hours, but I'm unsure if it's a credible source. And if it is 1,000 hours, does any accredited school program that provides greater or equal to 1,000 hours through the curriculum count? I decided not to work during school and thereby did not accrue any intern hours, so this is why I ask. Thanks much for the help. :)

The hours they mention should be satisfied by the Advanced rotation hours provided by the school you attend. My school provides a minimum 1440 hours and the state that I am getting licensure in requires 1500 hours.

I don't believe you require that any hours to be attained through hired work.

I do think that it is 1500hrs. I will call MI pharmacy state board or look at the websit.

Hi, I will need a michigan study patner. Any one intrested should pls pm. me thanks!