Micro MCAT Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I'mJustCurious

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If anyone can answer this that would be awesome. What do you call an infection that has E Coli and microbacterial tuberculosis

Members don't see this ad.

Idk it asked for the name of an infection that contains E Coli and Tuberculosis
Unfortunately, we're not mind readers. It would help if you clarified what "it" was, or the context of the question you're asking. As far as I know, there's no specific medical terminology for dual bacterial infections that I've seen, and I doubt that's common MCAT knowledge anyhow.

Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately, we're not mind readers. It would help if you clarified what "it" was, or the context of the question you're asking. As far as I know, there's no specific medical terminology for dual bacterial infections that I've seen, and I doubt that's common MCAT knowledge anyhow.
It wasn't a passage but a question that came up from my MCAT app. I'll try to find the whole question this weekend and hopefully it will make sense.

But then again I was thinking about superantigens

Superantigen is a property of usually one infection which causes serious complications, the most common example being a Staph. aureus toxin leading to sepsis. The Q, albeit vague, suggests a name for a double infection or a secondary infection, hence my reasoning for superinfection.

Reactions: 1 user
Superantigen is a property of usually one infection which causes serious complications, the most common example being a Staph. aureus toxin leading to sepsis. The Q, albeit vague, suggests a name for a double infection or a secondary infection, hence my reasoning for superinfection.
Yeah I only said superantigen because that is what I learned in Micro and my teacher decided to give us this MCAT question. Nothing about superinfection was mentioned but it is a possible answer. Thank you for your help.