mid level gpa for summer programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluelamin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
I was wondering what summer programs would be appropriate for a sophomore applicant like me since my gpa is like a bit above a 3.5. I do have an upward trend since freshman fall and I've done well in difficult math/science classes (pchem/orgo/linalg/diffeq etc.) Would these programs take this into account when i'm applying?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

GPA is only one component of the application process. Yes it's important to have a good GPA but you might also have great experience that holds greater weight. Which programs are you looking at?

I was looking at vandy's clinical research summer program. I've had a few months of research experience in a cancer-bio lab as a research assistant.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been accepted to multiple summer programs in the past while hovering at a 3.5 GPA. It won't hold you back from any program as long as the rest of your application looks good!

I've been accepted to multiple summer programs in the past while hovering at a 3.5 GPA. It won't hold you back from any program as long as the rest of your application looks good!
Based on your experience, what programs do you suggest I consider?

What I'm saying is that your GPA won't hold you back from anything. I was accepted at "top" programs, so as long as the rest of your app looks good then apply to anywhere where you align with the purpose of the program.