Mid October

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2024 or 5 ?

Reaction score
Are things looking bad to have zero interviews lined up for MD?

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the same boat! For MD, at least.

I am keeping in mind the Thanksgiving timeline. Even then, I have friends who interviewed in late-December and February who later got accepted.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
As mentioned in similar recent threads, you can get an interview invite anytime from now and February.

You did not fill out a detailed WAMC post when you asked a little over a month ago, but with a 509, you should have had DO schools on your list.

The time to be really concerned is the day after Thanksgiving, still more than a month away. If you don't have a single interview by that date, then you have a reason to start planning an alternate activity for June 2023 and beyond. Until then, sit tight and continue with activities that will look good on the application if you should end up applying again in another cycle.

Hi OP. I get why you are concerned but don't worry too much yet - you still have time! Interviews are extended through the winter and you truly only need one interview to get in as a large portion of each year's medical students (especially USMD) only get one II. Just keep holding on!

a large portion of each year's medical students (especially USMD) only get one II.
I had no idea this was the case. SDN with its overachievers and neurotic premeds does make it seem like the 5+ II crowd is the norm.

Reactions: 1 user
I had no idea this was the case. SDN with its overachievers and neurotic premeds does make it seem like the 5+ II crowd is the norm.
We do remind everyone that getting one II is a good result, and that still only half of all offers go to applicants that receive only one offer, as per AAMC data. Don't fall for comparing yourself... everyone is different even though the process is similar.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
The time to be really concerned is the day after Thanksgiving, still more than a month away. If you don't have a single interview by that date, then you have a reason to start planning an alternate activity for June 2023 and beyond. Until then, sit tight and continue with activities that will look good on the application if you should end up applying again in another cycle.

Does this rule account for DO schools too?

The MD program I’m attending right now didn’t interview me until March. I got accepted four days after the interview. Relax! It’s early.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
The MD program I’m attending right now didn’t interview me until March. I got accepted four days after the interview. Relax! It’s early.
I also didn’t get an II from my current MD problem until very late in November, so I agree there’s still so much time

• Love
I also didn’t get an II from my current MD problem until very late in November, so I agree there’s still so much time

Makes me and (I assume) so many other applicants feel better rn lol

Same here. No ii. Submitted July/August. 3.9/525, ORM. EC- research with pub, clinical experience, volunteering Good LORs.Thought essays and PS was good. Just can’t figure why no ii?

Same here. No ii. Submitted July/August. 3.9/525, ORM. EC- research with pub, clinical experience, volunteering Good LORs.Thought essays and PS was good. Just can’t figure why no ii?
We don't have a WAMC to help discern just how good your ECs and fit/school list are. You may get more action soon. Trust the process.

What schools that you applied to? I submitted July/August also, 3.95/521, ORM. Decent EC. I applied to 30 schools, 5 reach, 10 target and 15 lower-tier. So far I have 5 II (4 lower-tier and 1 target).

Applied 21- 10 target, 7 reach, 4 lower tier. It’s become a waiting game..