Midwestern AZ or Loma Linda?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prettynpink7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got accepted into both schools and I'm torn between the two. I felt at home and comfortable at Midwestern and could see myself happy there. I immediately fell in love with the school, possibly because of the warm and friendly faculty. The only bad thing is that I do want to travel and volunteer abroad. I also want to specialize, but I'm not sure if that makes a difference on what school I choose?

I didn't really get to know Loma Linda as much when I went there. I'm not Seventh Day Adventist, but I am Christian. I am from California, but I don't know if Loma Linda is a good fit for me because of the religious part and strict rules, and also because I don't know what the curriculum is like, or much about the school at all. Are there students at Loma Linda that aren't their religion and like it there?

I have 7 days to put down a deposit and I don't know what to do!! :confused: Any advice please?

Members don't see this ad.

Seems to me you've already made a decision...
I withdrew from LLU because of the SDA aspect. I know several people that went there and loved it, it just wasn't an added pressure I was looking for. I have heard great things about the school. I was also accepted to MWU and really liked the school, students and faculty. I don't think you would regret either choice, but I get the impression you are already sold on MWU. Best of luck, it took me a long time to make a decision.

I got accepted into both schools and I'm torn between the two. I felt at home and comfortable at Midwestern and could see myself happy there. I immediately fell in love with the school, possibly because of the warm and friendly faculty. The only bad thing is that I do want to travel and volunteer abroad. I also want to specialize, but I'm not sure if that makes a difference on what school I choose?

I didn't really get to know Loma Linda as much when I went there. I'm not Seventh Day Adventist, but I am Christian. I am from California, but I don't know if Loma Linda is a good fit for me because of the religious part and strict rules, and also because I don't know what the curriculum is like, or much about the school at all. Are there students at Loma Linda that aren't their religion and like it there?

I have 7 days to put down a deposit and I don't know what to do!! :confused: Any advice please?
I don't know anything about Midwestern but when I interviewed at Loma Linda everyone was super friendly there and it gave me a sort of family feeling that I really liked. I'm not religious in any sense really, but my tour guide there said that there are a decent amount of people who aren't SDA (including him) and that it isn't that bad there religiously. The main thing that bothered him I think was the fact that the school sort of shuts down from sundown on friday to sundown on saturday for the Sabbath or something like that.

Also, Loma Linda has a huge number of outreach programs, including a variety of abroad programs during the breaks that they encourage their students to go on. They also help the students cover some of the costs for these abroad trips. As for the curriculum, I heard its a lot of just classroom learning and lab work for first year and then slowly shifting towards clinical as you go along. By the end, you can basically do any procedure that you want and you learn how to do all of your own lab work instead of just getting a pre-made piece from a lab.

What are you looking for in a school? I picked it over my other acceptance because it has a huge patient base, easy access to chairs, and a solid clinical reputation.