General Admissions & OTCAS Midwestern AZ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OT.2.Be

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back from Midwestern AZ about acceptances for fall 2018?

Members don't see this ad.

I have not yet. I interviewed on September 25. When did you have your interview?
9/25. They said we should hear back by 10/25, but there's still no change in my portal.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I remember them saying the end of October. That they had 2/3 interviews left and chose based on that month's interviewers. I have been checking the portal too. I guess no news is good news for now

I just set my interview for January 9th.

Well that makes me feel better that nobody has heard anything yet!

And what did you hear?
I actually withdrew my application from MWU and will be attending the University of St. Augustine in Austin in January.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard back from Midwestern AZ about acceptances for fall 2018?
I interviewed 10/13 and I got my response back 11/3 that I have been Accepted! I also received acceptance from A.T. Still University but I am definitely leaning more towards MWU!

Does anyone know how admissions works? I have an interview in January. I am worried that they will have filled their class roster up by that time!

Does anyone know how admissions works? I have an interview in January. I am worried that they will have filled their class roster up by that time!
I just called today worried about the same thing because my interview is scheduled for 2/13. The woman on the phone said that they've only filled up 12 of their 40 or so seats (with maybe 2 or 3 acceptances extended that have not been confirmed) and they began interviewing in September. So that's roughly 2 to 3 months of interviews filling up a little over a quarter of their seats. She said interviews will be conducted through May and they aren't likely to fill up before then since they want the best applicants.

I just called today worried about the same thing because my interview is scheduled for 2/13. The woman on the phone said that they've only filled up 12 of their 40 or so seats (with maybe 2 or 3 acceptances extended that have not been confirmed) and they began interviewing in September. So that's roughly 2 to 3 months of interviews filling up a little over a quarter of their seats. She said interviews will be conducted through May and they aren't likely to fill up before then since they want the best applicants.

I don't know that seats are really finalized until the last minute. I'm sure that there are people that accept while waiting on other offers, just to ensure that they have somewhere to go. A couple of years ago they only took 25 students...so you got that going for you...which is nice. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks so much! Its nice to know that they keep it pretty selective!

I don't know that seats are really finalized until the last minute. I'm sure that there are people that accept while waiting on other offers, just to ensure that they have somewhere to go. A couple of years ago they only took 25 students...so you got that going for you...which is nice. ;)
I don't think they have a finalized set of seats yet either! The woman said 40 which sounded high to me, but like you said it's probably because people give up their seats the closer they get to the beginning of the program after receiving other acceptances. I'm sure they want to fill up as much as possible, but you can't keep picking off the wait list once it's too late!

Hey guys! I was wondering for those of you who have been accepted into midwestern AZ's program, did they offer you a scholarship? I have an interview in a month and was accepted to a few other schools which would cost less and I am considered giving up my spot if they don't offer scholarships!

Hey guys! I was wondering for those of you who have been accepted into midwestern AZ's program, did they offer you a scholarship? I have an interview in a month and was accepted to a few other schools which would cost less and I am considered giving up my spot if they don't offer scholarships!
I've never heard of them having/offering scholarships.

Accepted at Midwestern AZ today!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
That's kind of good to hear! I applied a few days ago so I was worried that it would be full by now.

Accepted at Midwestern AZ today!

I was accepted to MidWestern University today too. My interview was 1/9 too. Did you get into Shenandoah? I know you said that was one of your top picks.

Reactions: 1 users
I was accepted to MidWestern University today too. My interview was 1/9 too. Did you get into Shenandoah? I know you said that was one of your top picks.
Did you receive a phone call or email? Congrats !!

I hope your interview went well. They called me and emailed when I was accepted (about 3 weeks after my interview). I have until March 1 to put down a deposit.

I applied on Oct 21st and was asked to interview about a month later. My interview was January 9th.

For those who have been accepted, do you mind sharing your stats?

I just had my interview on Tuesday! I think it went all right. The entire affair is an all day thing, but the interviews were only about 15-20 minutes. They asked questions like why MWU, how would you describe OT to someone who isn't familiar with it, what's something different you would offer as an OT (aside from the obvious answers of being patient, caring, creative), something about yourself that you need to improve, and what do you do in your free time. There were some other questions that slipped my mind. They went off of what I said in my answers sometimes so I had quite a few questions. Others had questions like if you were at an OT conference 5 years from now, what would you expect to see? Someone else had a question about their curriculum and what they might find challenging. It didn't seem like they asked the same questions to everyone, so prepare for anything!

I just had my interview on Tuesday! I think it went all right. The entire affair is an all day thing, but the interviews were only about 15-20 minutes. They asked questions like why MWU, how would you describe OT to someone who isn't familiar with it, what's something different you would offer as an OT (aside from the obvious answers of being patient, caring, creative), something about yourself that you need to improve, and what do you do in your free time. There were some other questions that slipped my mind. They went off of what I said in my answers sometimes so I had quite a few questions. Others had questions like if you were at an OT conference 5 years from now, what would you expect to see? Someone else had a question about their curriculum and what they might find challenging. It didn't seem like they asked the same questions to everyone, so prepare for anything!

Hi! Did they mention when you might hear back?

I was supposed to interview Feb 21 too but I canceled my interview. I got accepted at Puget Sound and waitlisted UW(Seattle). Good luck!!

Hi! Did they mention when you might hear back?
They let us know that their admissions board would be meeting on February 22nd and that we would hear back soon after either by e-mail or phone. If we are rejected we would receive a physical letter and it would reflect on the portal. They said their board meets every few weeks and often go through the waitlist too every time that they meet!

I have an interview offer for 3/22. Unsure if I should take it or not at this point. Do any of you that have interviewed/or been accepted have an idea of how full the program is at this point? At other interviews they have told me how full the class is at the time of my interview. I have been accepted to a couple other programs and I'm not interested in flying out there only to interview for a spot on the waitlist.

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile

I have an interview offer for 3/22. Unsure if I should take it or not at this point. Do any of you that have interviewed/or been accepted have an idea of how full the program is at this point? At other interviews they have told me how full the class is at the time of my interview. I have been accepted to a couple other programs and I'm not interested in flying out there only to interview for a spot on the waitlist.

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile
You can call admissions to get that information. I did that before my interview and they looked it up for me.

Hi! Is anybody here attending MWU Fall 2018?

I interviewed 10/13 and I got my response back 11/3 that I have been Accepted! I also received acceptance from A.T. Still University but I am definitely leaning more towards MWU!
if you don't mind, what kind of questions did they ask at your interview. Congratulations by the way!! :)

I accepted elsewhere. Not worth the $110k and extra 50 credit hours for only a Masters program.