Midwestern - Chicago Question re health insurance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SomaCNS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. For those of you who currently attend Midwestern in Downer's Grove, are you able to receive health insurance coverage through the school? Or do you have to be able to get it on your own privately? On the list of things necessary to attend the school, it states that one must show proof of health insurance coverage. Many schools have info about paying a certain amount each semester to receive health insurance through the school, but I don't see any information regarding this on the Midwestern site. Also, if you can pay for coverage through the school, how comprehensive is it?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Actually, I just saw the budget page on the Midwestern site which lists expenses like tuition (an exact amount) and other things like housing (obviously variable). It has $3009 listed as the health insurance price. Is that health insurance price what is available through the school OR simply what Midwestern estimates health insurance will cost by obtaining it privately?

Thanks.

Try going to www.healthplanone.com and get some estimates for your area. That could probably answer your question by looking at the quotes for private health insurance.

I have a high deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield policy and the premium is $300 every 2 months.