Midwestern Downers Grove MA in Biomedical Sciences Program 2015-2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GunnerBMS

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I was interested to find out more about this program since I want to apply for the 15-16 year. I heard that there is no linkage to the medical school but am not sure. Also, does this program have alot of support for the students or is it just a money making program for the school? I'm re med but also considering pre-dent. As much info as possible on this program would be great since its scarce on here! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I got in, and from what I've been told by their admissions staff, there is no "direct linkage." However, if you maintain a 3.0 after winter quarter and have an MCAT score within one standard deviation of their entering class, you will secure an interview. That being said, I don't know how that'll pan out since the MCAT has been changed.

Members don't see this ad :)
I hear its pretty much a scam program where nobody really cares about the success of the MA students. I really enjoyed the campus visit I had there too. I just do not want to be out $50,000 with no interview or acceptance at CCOM.

Reactions: 1 user
I hear its pretty much a scam program where nobody really cares about the success of the MA students. I really enjoyed the campus visit I had there too. I just do not want to be out $50,000 with no interview or acceptance at CCOM.
You'll be guaranteed the interview if you get a 3.0 and mcat within a standard deviation of the last class' avg. but they won't consider you until the end of second quarter so that puts you in February. From what I heard, it's a great program and a good transition between the MA and CCOM

I'll be attending this fall. Good luck to you all ! :)

Same here tentatively. Still waiting on Nova but looking at potextual apartments near campus!

Same here but I think its still a little too early to be looking for a place haha. I'm guessing you're from Florida? My girlfriend currently lives in Fort Myers. She's moving out here too

Last edited:
Same here but I think its still a little too early to be looking for a place haha. I'm guessing you're from Florida? My girlfriend currently lives in Fort Myers. She's moving out here too :)
Yea I mean, I'm just comparing places and figuring out good areas for now.

Hi Everyone! I was hoping if those whom have been accepted could share their stats so I can get an idea of where I am standing as an applicant!

Are there any pre-dents applying to the program that have heard anything about how the matriculation process works? I think Midwestern in AZ has 10 spots for pre-dental students reserved if they maintain a certain GPA and have a certain DAT score. I was just curious how this one works. I know their programs differ, too.

Pretty sure the dent and med programs are the same. But you need to have a test score within one standard deviation of the previous class avg and maintain a 3.0 by the end of winter quarter to have an interview

hey is there a fb group for this yr?

Hi everyone. I recently got an acceptance for the Masters Program here as a pre-med. I will most likely attend to this program and am looking for potential roommates!
I'm heading up in July to look at places and need a roommate

I recently withdrew my accepted application from the Downers Grove campus to transfer it to Glendale, so one more spot should be up for grabs! Good luck!

Anybody who has gone here previously know if The Pines or The Redwood dorms are better? I heard some of the dorms dont have AC dont want to get stuck in a bad one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Anybody who has gone here previously know if The Pines or The Redwood dorms are better? I heard some of the dorms dont have AC dont want to get stuck in a bad one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
@echox184 hey I applied but I haven't gotten a response yet. When did you get your response?