PhD/PsyD Midwestern (Downers Grove) vs Adler PsyD- Thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adak

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Was hoping to get some advice. I got accepted to both Adler and Midwestern for a PsyD program and I'm not sure which to go with. I had a lovely interview with Midwestern and they genuinely seemed to care about the success of the students. They gave me an offer the next day- which was really nice- but I'm seeing mixed reviews on the program itself. Adler also seemed good and like I could have some good research opportunities, but some people seem to REALLY not like the school. I know both of these programs cost $$$ and I'm ok with that.

Has anyone gone to these schools? Any recommendations?

Edit: I very much want to stay in Chicago. I also applied to PhD programs and didn't get into any of them (anyone else think this is a crazy competitive year?), likely because my previous work and research isn't in psychology (some medical research and religious studies research, I did a post-bacc for psychology). I'd like a doctoral level degree and don't want to go to a masters then phd because I'm a little late to the game.

Members don't see this ad.

They'll both limit options down the road (e.g., internship, jobs) I'd look at where they are placing students for internship. If those are the only two options, whichever is cheaper is best.

Reactions: 1 users