Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I know it doesn’t really matter, but are you IS or OOS?
OOS, but I'm also in their Master's program. You would think that I have an advantage but apparently not...

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
wait i get this, but many people on this thread said they’ve been accepted after waitlisted ? or is it if we interviewed pre-decision day?
people do get in off the waitlist, but the majority of the people on the waitlist won't hear anything. on average, maybe 1 or 2 people on the waitlist will get the call per cycle

people do get in off the waitlist, but the majority of the people on the waitlist won't hear anything. on average, maybe 1 or 2 people on the waitlist will get the call per cycle
That’s just wrong. I personally know 5 people who got off the waitlist.

Reactions: 2 users
That’s just wrong. I personally know 5 people who got off the waitlist.
thats why i said "on average". Some cycles less people get off the waitlist, some cycles more people get off. I'm really hoping that the waitlist gets a lot more activity this cycle though.

thats why i said "on average". Some cycles less people get off the waitlist, some cycles more people get off. I'm really hoping that the waitlist gets a lot more activity this cycle though.

Less than 5 and more than 5? Or less than 1-2 and more than 1-2?

i really wish we just knew our current standing and chance of getting off :|

Members don't see this ad :)
What are they looking for in their applicants?
I interviewed there in Dec and the director was emphasizing mainly on the type of personality they wanted, someone who is a team player whether a member or a team lead (they are so big on that) also I had like 2 questions about that in my interview, someone able to communicate well, someone with integrity, someone respectful. I am mentioning these because they asked me questions about it and also I remember the students we met they said mentioned being a team player is huge. They just wanna see how you fit with them, they literally don't care about numbers (stats) because once you're picked for an interview they already know where you stand and they liked you enough to ask you to come and get to know you.

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed there in Dec and the director was emphasizing mainly on the type of personality they wanted, someone who is a team player whether a member or a team lead (they are so big on that) also I had like 2 questions about that in my interview, someone able to communicate well, someone with integrity, someone respectful. I am mentioning these because they asked me questions about it and also I remember the students we met they said mentioned being a team player is huge. They just wanna see how you fit with them, they literally don't care about numbers (stats) because once you're picked for an interview they already know where you stand and they liked you enough to ask you to come and get to know you.

I honestly forgot words during my interview, I messed up on the first question (at least to this day I would rate myself bad), I showed up exactly on time to the interview. You would think I wouldn't get in, but I did. I am very non traditional student, 7 years later here I am. My stats are not that great ( i promise you) but my personality shined I guess after I got myself together when the 1st question was done. Also, I applied to 4 schools after I gave birth and submitted everything by October. Just saying that it was meant for me, I am blessed but I hope you all make it. There was a student who received an acceptance a week before school started, he was getting ready to sign a lease somewhere else. You never know yall.

I honestly forgot words during my interview, I messed up on the first question (at least to this day I would rate myself bad), I showed up exactly on time to the interview. You would think I wouldn't get in, but I did. I am very non traditional student, 7 years later here I am. My stats are not that great ( i promise you) but my personality shined I guess after I got myself together when the 1st question was done. Also, I applied to 4 schools after I gave birth and submitted everything by October. Just saying that it was meant for me, I am blessed but I hope you all make it. There was a student who received an acceptance a week before school started, he was getting ready to sign a lease somewhere else. You never know yall.
Ah okay, gotcha! Thank you so much! Did you get put on the waitlist first or did they just accept you? & Were you OOS or in-state?

Reactions: 1 user
Ah okay, gotcha! Thank you so much! Did you get put on the waitlist first or did they just accept you? & Were you OOS or in-state?
You're welcomee, I was accepted on acceptance day and I an OOS

i can definitely relate! My DAT was average but did have a really high GPA. I did mention that i did like to work as a team and loved to listen to others as well for one of their questions. I do remember a question they asked I answered iffy (in my point of view) and I dwelled on it forever. despite that i was able to get accepted. i guess what they saw mattered more than me stumbling on a question. i also have a little one and applied a year after having her. im in-state as well. you just gotta trust yourself i usually say

i can definitely relate! My DAT was average but did have a really high GPA. I did mention that i did like to work as a team and loved to listen to others as well for one of their questions. I do remember a question they asked I answered iffy (in my point of view) and I dwelled on it forever. despite that i was able to get accepted. i guess what they saw mattered more than me stumbling on a question. i also have a little one and applied a year after having her. im in-state as well. you just gotta trust yourself i usually say
Congratulations on making it, oh it's good to know that there is someone else in my class with a child. I'll see you in August :)

Does anyone know someone who got waitlist on decision day and ended up getting accepted/rejected?

MWU needs to call us already, you either want me or you don’t 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Will you guys be reapplying? This is the second time i got waitlisted by them so idk what to do??

I am in it and im not waitlisted, i got accepted dec 15th. I was under the impression that everyone there are accepted students with a couple of D2 and D1 students
Gotcha. Do you happen to know if all the seats are full in your class or if they’re still accepting or interviewing?

Update: As of May 15th, MWU has stopped conducting interviews. Hoping that means they begin to call off applicants off the waitlist next week!

Update: As of May 15th, MWU has stopped conducting interviews. Hoping that means they begin to call off applicants off the waitlist next week!
wtf they were still interviewing 😭 that’s insane

• Sad
Another day without any calls 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
You can definitely ask!
I emailed and asked if there would be movement in the waitlist earlier this week and I was told yet again that the waitlist goes until the first week of September 🥲 Literally was just looking for a yes or no

I emailed and asked if there would be movement in the waitlist earlier this week and I was told yet again that the waitlist goes until the first week of September 🥲 Literally was just looking for a yes or no
Got the same response last week also. :'(

• Sad
Honestly, idk why I'm expecting anything from this school. They are so slow. I feel like I just want to move on with my life and worry about next year. The staff at this school is so unhelpful and useless. Ask them any question about the school and they'll give you a very dumb answer. It's not just with wait-lists but anything I ask them they will have a really stupid response to me. It's a waste of time to even try to talk to them. Complete idiots

• Sad
Honestly, idk why I'm expecting anything from this school. They are so slow. I feel like I just want to move on with my life and worry about next year. The staff at this school is so unhelpful and useless. Ask them any question about the school and they'll give you a very dumb answer. It's not just with wait-lists but anything I ask them they will have a really stupid response to me. It's a waste of time to even try to talk to them. Complete idiots
Approaching that same feeling of wanting to move on. I really thought we would hear off the waitlist today.

• Sad
Approaching that same feeling of wanting to move on. I really thought we would hear off the waitlist today.
I'm still not understanding how this school is functioning? Don't they want students to commit to them. At the speed at which they are progressing they will end up losing students to other schools. Don't they have any idea that other schools are already finalizing their lists. Hell, some are even starting in a few weeks. I literally know people who interviewed at CDMI in October but have been waitlisted and are ready to submit their new app on 1st of June. No one is going to wait for these idiots for so long.

I understand your frustrations completely! At this point, just give me the yes or no. There is no reason to be withholding that information.

My glimpse of hope is my friend who got waitlisted at their DO program last cycle and heard from them June 6th 🥹

I understand your frustrations completely! At this point, just give me the yes or no. There is no reason to be withholding that information.

My glimpse of hope is my friend who got waitlisted at their DO program last cycle and heard from them June 6th 🥹
Do you know when the DO classes start?

During my interview, there was a D1 who was accepted a week before classes started

• Angry