Midwestern University Chicago Pharmacy School interview help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pgallos

Reaction score
I have an interview with CCP @ MWU Wednesday and they sent me the interview format. They are doing group interviews with multiple applicants. There is a writing activity in the beginning then the interview. Does anyone have any tips for me as far as questions to prepare for? or have previously gone through this format? I know how to suit up and be punctual. I am looking for other non-physical tips?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I did the Univ of Illinois, Chicago mmi instead. But I’ve heard from friends that the format is the same. I had the exact same freaked out emotions, but don’t worry! Get a lot of sleep, don’t over prep for anything. You’ll probably find stations that each ask a question, and you simply ask what you would do in a regular situation. They could be situations that aren’t tied to pharmacy. For example, you could have something about working in a business. Client comes in, there’s an altercation, how do you handle yourself and/or your peers? That kind of thing. There will probably a station where you team up with a pharmacy student, or another peer interviewing with you, and you have to work together to find a solution to a simple puzzle. (Like charades!) So be yourself and use your real life experience to explain how you’d handle something. For example, as a teacher, I’ve seen different scenarios and draw on that to answer the question. Hope that helps ! :) you’ll be fine. Above all, be honest and that’s all anyone can ask for. Also, not every student will nail all the stations (or even feel like the answer was good). Forget it and move on. Don’t let what happened at one station hold you back. You’ve got this!

Hi! I did the Univ of Illinois, Chicago mmi instead. But I’ve heard from friends that the format is the same. I had the exact same freaked out emotions, but don’t worry! Get a lot of sleep, don’t over prep for anything. You’ll probably find stations that each ask a question, and you simply ask what you would do in a regular situation. They could be situations that aren’t tied to pharmacy. For example, you could have something about working in a business. Client comes in, there’s an altercation, how do you handle yourself and/or your peers? That kind of thing. There will probably a station where you team up with a pharmacy student, or another peer interviewing with you, and you have to work together to find a solution to a simple puzzle. (Like charades!) So be yourself and use your real life experience to explain how you’d handle something. For example, as a teacher, I’ve seen different scenarios and draw on that to answer the question. Hope that helps ! :) you’ll be fine. Above all, be honest and that’s all anyone can ask for. Also, not every student will nail all the stations (or even feel like the answer was good). Forget it and move on. Don’t let what happened at one station hold you back. You’ve got this!
Thank you do much for the advice! I appreciate it. I'll keep that all in mind on interview day:)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The writing portion is more about being able to quickly put thoughts together and make them coherent. There's not a whole lot that you can prep for, other than to be able to organize your thoughts quickly. The questions will be general / broad questions and may want your opinion on a topic. There's no right or wrong answer, as long as you can communicate your thoughts clearly.

Act confidently, even if you don't feel it (hehe). I always tell people, go in with the attitude that it is your seat already, and you are just showing up to prove who you are matches the "you" on paper.

And the most important piece of acvice? Breathe :)

The writing portion is more about being able to quickly put thoughts together and make them coherent. There's not a whole lot that you can prep for, other than to be able to organize your thoughts quickly. The questions will be general / broad questions and may want your opinion on a topic. There's no right or wrong answer, as long as you can communicate your thoughts clearly.

Act confidently, even if you don't feel it (hehe). I always tell people, go in with the attitude that it is your seat already, and you are just showing up to prove who you are matches the "you" on paper.

And the most important piece of acvice? Breathe :)
I like it ! thank you. We will see how it goes tomorrow.

Just wanted to inform you guys that I received an acceptance letter, I appreciate all the input and help:)

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone! just an FYI. I had my Interview on March 20th, and it went well! i was super worried for no reason. I didn't know that it was a group interview. So layout. Walk in, take a seat. Director of Admissions talks to you. 20 minutes essay with 2 questions to answer. "if someone is cheating and you think they're cheating on you way do you do? & describe professionalism" Then dean comes in and talks a bit. Then you're split into groups # depending on people. i was with 3 other people. 2 people interviewed us. They ask 1 question, they give everyone a chance to answer it, then next question. when it comes to an interview like this you really have to stand out from a crowd. BUT do not do not do not go in "rehearsed" they want to see you have a conversation, not give an answer and thats it. if you go in nervous, your answers won't be as good as you want them. questions asked "time when you motivated someone or a group" "why midwestern" "Pharmacy experience?" "hardest part of being a pharmacist". I'm pretty sure thats it. but they are super friendly and very very very educated. if you try to talk "smart to them" expect to answer a bunch of questions