military hospitals in korea?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sese

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a MS3 looking for an elective in Korea to spend time with my grandmother. Since I don't speak Korean well enough to work in the Korean hospitals, I'm hoping there are military hospitals in Korea for Americans.

Anyone have experience in working in Korea?

Can I contact the military to work there even if I'm not in the military program?

Members don't see this ad.

Frankly, we do this quite a bit in the military. First of all, contact a military medical facility (http://www.seoul.amedd.army.mil/) near you grandmother’s house. Next, get in contact with the OIC (Officer in Charge) and explain your situation to him/her. If the OIC approves your request, contact the Army Community Service and they will lead you down the right path.

sese said:
Hi,
I'm a MS3 looking for an elective in Korea to spend time with my grandmother. Since I don't speak Korean well enough to work in the Korean hospitals, I'm hoping there are military hospitals in Korea for Americans.

Anyone have experience in working in Korea?

Can I contact the military to work there even if I'm not in the military program?

ShakaZulu, do you know if they hire civilian pharmacists in military hospitals in Korea?