Min number of x-level courses per semester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fakesmile

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think I once read that some schools require you to take at least two or three (I don't remember exactly) courses that are of the same level as the year you're in. Eg. If you're in third year and taking five courses, then at least two (or three?) courses must be at least 300-level. Can anyone confirm if the minimum number was two or three and what schools require this? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You must be canadian..I know some canadian schools have this ridiculous requirement.

But I do not think any USA school has this...or otherwise we would all be forced to take our pre-reqs during our 1st and 2nd year only.

I think I once read that some schools require you to take at least two or three (I don't remember exactly) courses that are of the same level as the year you're in. Eg. If you're in third year and taking five courses, then at least two (or three?) courses must be at least 300-level. Can anyone confirm if the minimum number was two or three and what schools require this? Thanks.

From what my advisors and SDN have told me, I dont think this is a true thing in US schools. I could be wrong though