Minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Walleye

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've really learned a lot reading for the past few weeks. I was wondering about Minnesota (home state), is there a reason people don't mention it? I've already done a lot of things wrong, graduating from a community college (but it was close to the farm and I could afford it), and now moving to a state university. I see there are advising sessions once a month at the U of MN for predental students, are they worth it? (I am over 300 miles from there) Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm applying at minnesota, its a competitive school... so if you can go to a pre-dental meeting you should.

And IMO the reason many state schools aren't discussed here is because in-state kids don't need to discuss them, they are applying and going if they get in, and out-of-state kids need not apply, as many state schools just don't accept many out-of-staters.

If you want to go to the U it is worth it. You will fill out some paperwork, Gail Shea (Head of Admissions) will give a little presentation Then her and Jamie will work the room looking over everybody's transcripts and any other information you brought with. Once they have looked over your info they will tell you straight up what they need to see from in order to became worthy admissions. It was nice to know where I stand in their eyes.

Thank you for the responses. I guess I will have to make the drive. Hopefully with two years of college left, I can add whatever is needed. When I called before starting the CC, they told me that any Minnesota school was fine. This doesn't appear to have been exactly true? Best wishes to you, hope you get in.