Minor and Concentration Not Matter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mimiQ

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My record office sent my transcript to SOPHAS last week, but they forgot to include my minor and my concentration (btw I am Public Health major). I called SOPHAS today and told them about this and asked if I should resend my transcript. The guy on the phone told me that SOPHAS does not acknowledge minors and concentration anyways. Is this true?! Do admission officers not get a chance to look at minor and concentration??

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

SOPHAS doesn't record it, but the admissions officers get copies of your transcripts which should have your major/minor(s)/concentration on them. I'm not really sure how your school just "forgot" to include those on your transcript, unless you only recently declared them. If it really concerns you, you can have another copy sent. But I don't think it really matters. Minor/concentration requirements vary by school anyways. ADCOMS are going to care more about what classes you actually took if anything.

SOPHAS doesn't record it, but the admissions officers get copies of your transcripts which should have your major/minor(s)/concentration on them. I'm not really sure how your school just "forgot" to include those on your transcript, unless you only recently declared them. If it really concerns you, you can have another copy sent. But I don't think it really matters. Minor/concentration requirements vary by school anyways. ADCOMS are going to care more about what classes you actually took if anything.

I went to the admission office today at my college of public health. They told me they actually won't get a copy of my transcript. Everything is on SOPHAS. I thought that was kinda strange.

I went to the admission office today at my college of public health. They told me they actually won't get a copy of my transcript. Everything is on SOPHAS. I thought that was kinda strange.

Hmm. That's odd. I had an issue with SOPHAS about my GPA earlier in the cycle and they told me that the schools have access to all of your information once your application has been verified so they can do their own calculations and such. I assume that also included your transcripts. But I really don't think it will matter too much either way. Schools don't really care about your major/minors/concentration. They care more about the actual classes you took.